The Tech Corner

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

SO guys....... in your opinion , WHAT IS THE BEST MOBILE OPERATING SYSTEM?

• Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jolla's Sailfish

• Nokia's Symbian

• Linux and Limo's Tizen (Samsung's new line OS)

• Canonical's Ubuntu

• Total voters
Ayeeee Sonygoup still alive!!

I thought those exams would have killed you out like me

Any needed assistance bro?

I agree completely! Digitizer and LCD works is very risky! Even the smallest mistakes can make a mess of your phone, happened to my s3 some time ago

I cleaned the LCD a little to hard and messed it up

You really need to concentrate on what you're doing when doing a screen repair

I think that happened to this repair. When we cleaned the lcd I put it back and turned on the phone and saw a big Z crack on the middle of the lcd when turned on lol.

So my dad ordered a full lcd and digitizer combo cause it makes no sense for us to just replace the digitizer alone as intended now.

Woohhhh sorry to hear Nirtime! Damm that's tough! I take the utmost precautions when dealing with my phones, and even more when dealing with other people's phones! Its really hard to finish a repair and then realize there is a problem!

I think its time to upgrade bro! You really think the E970 is worth the money?

Ayeeee Sonygoup still alive!!

I thought those exams would have killed you out like me

Any needed assistance bro?
Lol nah jus had engineering science that cause me to fell I fail it but everybody have that feeling so I figure I pass

Otherwise it was nice just have Network + exam to study for and I good

Also anyone tired a FM transmitting app for android that worked?

Hahahhah I know the feeling bro! I not at your level yet tho lol but exams had me feeling bummy bro

And awesome,one more and your Christmas season finally start!

My exams just finished Thursday gone here!

Woohhhh sorry to hear Nirtime! Damm that's tough! I take the utmost precautions when dealing with my phones, and even more when dealing with other people's phones! Its really hard to finish a repair and then realize there is a problem!

I think its time to upgrade bro! You really think the E970 is worth the money?

I only had it for 5 months. I don't care to upgrade anymore I changed too much over the years till I got fed up.
Plus it cost 2600 after import duties for the e970 too so I really don't want that go to waste but I might end up buying a last gen htc m7 if the new combo doesn't work properly.

I took my time and took apart the phone but I was afraid to clean the lcd since I know how delicate it is. I had someone else clean it since they had the right idea but they used too much pressure on it lol. Cause all screws and parts fit exact I don't think anyone would even know the internals were removed from the phone just by looking at it.

Lol nah jus had engineering science that cause me to fell I fail it [emoji31] but everybody have that feeling so I figure I pass

Otherwise it was nice just have Network + exam to study for and I good

Also anyone tired a FM transmitting app for android that worked?

Know that feeling too well bro, you might surprise yourself :D

Wayssss that's real tough bro sorry to hear that! Honestly if a phone taking up so much of my money, I just sell it and move on, even if it's a loss I build back up to a better model after a while

But I know how that feels to bro
Some time ago before I started tinkering in phones I carried my 3gs to repair and unlock

After the people in arima were done with it, it cost me $700

Only to find out that they charged me so much because they ripped my LCD cable when changing the Glass digitizer

And when I put my Sim card in it it was not unlocked, they used the $700 to change the screen.

That was the day I started tinkering in phones and unlocking them myself to save some extra cash

I don't trust businesses locally to do my repairs unless I know the person or can vouch for the quality of work since too many of these places mess up your device and don't reassemble them properly.

I've always done everything myself, from cars to electronics and it does save a lot of money and often prove to be a higher standard of repair or install.

If the digitizer and lcd doesn't work i'll just junk the phone or sell it for parts to someone who needs them. I may even consider the Xperia Z2, it has the best spec at its price atm on amazon.
This is the first and last time any of my devices break or have problems cause I don't think I will try to repair another digitizer or lcd. Its just too risky and a bit too much since a lot of replacement parts don't work properly or the connector is very temperamental if not seated precisely.

Fellas they best place I've know to fix phones is the people that digicel and bmobile send there phone too!
I use to work digicel head office so I was in the mid point of taking care of phone repairs & all that good stuff, but these guys give minimal problems when it comes to getting a device fixed. Only certain brand phones give trouble ie.Blu,Blackberry z series and the Digicel branded phones! Otherwise there work in really good, sent my personal phone to be repaired by them already, took 5 days and my phone came back cleaned up and looked almost brand new

It have like 4 of these companies (can't remember there name) in Trinidad that do repairs commercially, if you find em you shouldn't have any issues with repairs.

I'm going to veer off on a tangent here guys. My friend recently asked me to build him a retro arcade machine. I started looking into it and came across Hyperspin. Have you guys ever heard of it? Google it or better yet, Youtube it, it's awesome! Share your thoughts, if I decided to sell these on motors, do you think anyone would be interested?

I know of something similar to hyper spin that runs on raspberry pi but dude there a guys that would buy these things in a instant if the price is right! So I'd say make a post asking if anyone wants to buy em before you starting marking...

Yes Mangaddict make a post about it and find out from people. I think you will have success selling those things to more commercial businesses but I believe there is certainly a market for it judging from the numerous retro arcade gaming systems I've seen around Trinidad in all parts of the country.
As long as the price is right and as long as you can let people know on a large enough scale what you're offering I see no reason why it won't sell.

Fellas not longer have my phone so I'll looking for a new one around 250 USD or more maybe if it catches my eye...Saw the LG G2/Flex and the Xperia Z1 for that price. Any others?

My bud telling me go back One Plus but we'll see..kinda like the look of the G2 it sexy :D

Honestly I'd choose the One Plus One... 64gbs and 2.5ghz with 3gb of ram, its more than both the g2 and the Z1 plus the screen is 5.5", the extra real estate may be an asset or a burden, depending on what suits you.

Back