Elections Is 7th September 2015!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Yes thats very true, don't know how the conversation started but i was also saying to someone that this election we will have some violence this time around. Politics has reached to the lowest point in history, and most die hard party followers are moving like if they are the ones taking part in elections. People to me are over too stupid because we will see these same people for elections and after elections that's it, then wait for election year to pump alot of road works. I'm fed up but it still have the majority of people in this country would will jump over a cliff for politicians.

Ahaha when people say Carnival is the greatest show on Earth - I think they meant Elections

I really agree with admin on that point. Its a die hard mentality that really won't change, while we might recognize that there isn't any great party to really vote for these people just have their hearts set on a party no matter what and are willing to get enraged and border violence for some elections talk.

Elections = greatest show
Elections = most uncertain show for 2015 thats for sure!

laws should be made that each prime minister or minister should serve one or two terms and that's it. Too much of them getting the hand on things and getting over too complacent and corrupted. When they are new or fresh this allows for them to perform at their very best.

laws should be made that each prime minister or minister should serve one or two terms and that's it. Too much of them getting the hand on things and getting over too complacent and corrupted. When they are new or fresh this allows for them to perform at their very best.
Very good point. While this is a good idea, it can have its drawbacks.
A new prime minister every term would be one out of the current crop of politicians throughout the various political parties that we have here in T&T. That person will then in turn appoint or select from the same current crop of politicians to be ministers throughout the various ministries.

What we need is fresh youthful faces. I hope something good comes out of the current Youth Elect TT competition.

Regardless, simply put this is a jump up island.
Everything is a jump, party and festivities and we all happy.

Brotherhood summed it up real nice there with the jump, party and festivities.

Yea for example.....
When the opposition had filed a motion on no confidence against the current PM, a crowd of supporters gathered with 'bottle and spoon' and were chanting. Camera men on the scene asked some supporters what they were doing here. One supporter responded "...i dunno na, i jus here with everybody backin Aunty Kamla. We liming."

Brotherhood you watched the youth elect TT? I heard the ads but have to idea what it was about. I thought it was just a local reality show or something.

My grandfather told me that After Indentureship and Slavery Trinidad was a humble and peaceful place. Until Politics came around and divided the entire country by using race as a weapon.

I heard from an old teacher that in the 70's and 80's the people in Parliament were civilized and acted like ladies and gentlemen. Both sides listened and debated fairly. Some people who supported other parties even listened to the opposing party's speeches etc.

Yup they were doing their duties . The opposition and current party supposed to cooperate with each other and help in making laws and governing the country. We don't see this happening!

Yup, the opposition is supposed to keep the current party in check, not just try to hinder every plan that they have. Sadly politicians loose sight of the fact that they are supposed to be public servants and not kings.

Brotherhood you watched the youth elect TT? I heard the ads but have to idea what it was about. I thought it was just a local reality show or something.

I haven't been watching it religiously but from time to time I did follow. It isn't a reality show. It is ctually a campaign and the best candidate is selected to represent youth of T&T on a national political scale. At first I myself thought it was some reality show or something of the sorts.

11755186_943070425714794_657544680564876129_n.jpg
\

Even The dogs come out this time out to support their political party. lol

Lol we need the dogs to vote before they go extinct.

I dont even take on politics anymore. I find its too much of a joke to be taken seriously.

Lol we need the dogs to vote before they go extinct.

I dont even take on politics anymore. I find its too much of a joke to be taken seriously.

This is the season where the ministers who you saw five years ago and never saw them since will be coming out to ask you to vote for them.
These people be it PNM or UNC is a bunch of hypocrites, i hope the minister for my area don't come in-front of my house because i will run his ass.

Back