The Tech Corner

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

SO guys....... in your opinion , WHAT IS THE BEST MOBILE OPERATING SYSTEM?

• Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jolla's Sailfish

• Nokia's Symbian

• Linux and Limo's Tizen (Samsung's new line OS)

• Canonical's Ubuntu

• Total voters
So I'm always on Google+ now for the tech new and you always find some interesting thing to read...
What u guys think about this?
Galaxy Note 4 dominates our blind camera comparison, beats a Canon DSLR and the iPhone 6 Plus

(http://www.phonearena.com/news/-Note-4-dominates-our-blind-camera-comparison-beats-a-Canon-DSLR-and-the-iPhone-6-Plus_id66093)

^^^to me the dslr pics look better than the other two or maybe something just wrong with my eyes :/

From my experience, the android cameras take excellent pics, when you take your time and get the right lighting, but in a real world situation, it's a mess. When I was using my note 3, it took great pics of stationary objects, but things got ugly pretty quick once objects were moving.

well guys important day today!!!!

HTC ONE M9
Samsung galaxy S6
Samsung galaxy S6 (edge)
Oneplus Two (rumoured)
Sony rumoured to shut down phone production line
Oxygen OS announcements

ALL RELEASED TODAY!!!!!

anyone else excited?

Yes I am, interested in upgrading later, but soon. Interested to see the One Plus Two, M9 and honestly disheartened to see Sony cease production. Z line up was something to reckon with.

One plus 2 and m8 looking good to me if it they call my name my One Plus one gone!

M9 was a disappointment still a sxc phone would take it if i was getting it butttt.....would buy the m8 over it.....wanted to see htc progress the dual camera a bit further......samsung lol didnt take a look at the s6 n edge in full as yet but saw they stop expandable storage, the should have kept it IMO.........

M9 was a disappointment still a sxc phone would take it if i was getting it butttt.....would buy the m8 over it.....wanted to see htc progress the dual camera a bit further......samsung lol didnt take a look at the s6 n edge in full as yet but saw they stop expandable storage, the should have kept it IMO.........

Personally I felt the same about the M9. Its nothing really new. I actually like the new camera, haven't looked at stills from it but back in the day HTC had one of the best 8mp f2.2 shooters. It truly was optically brilliant.
I'm also happy to see a MicroSD as I don't think the M8 had it and for sure the m7 didn't.

Samsung for real? What are they thinking? Everyone I know tells me they like their S series for the removable back cover with interchangeable batteries and SD Card.

People are going mad over the s6 and s6 edge... social networks having a frenzy of people that actually like the design that was ripped off of the iPhone 6
they even stole the ear phone design from apple with I love (those headsets feel very lit in your ears)

All in all I see Samsung trying to get the quarterly profits up but its not gonna wow the hardcore android fans! This phone as many other Samsung phones is just gonna be one of those I got money so I'll buy it even though its a piece of trash devices! I just really wanna see a Samsung phone that has me baffled to how its so awesome and Samsung hasn't done this in years since the s3 days
I've heard they bought the Blu company and I just hope they don't make the brand any more unpopular as it already is because I see a future in Blu more than Samsung! Blu launched a 5000mah battery phone with mid range specs for only 160usd on Amazon which is more interesting than anything they did so far for the year...

Also it seems like the Flag ship phone market is really dying,almost every mobile phone maker has made a budget phone and mid range phones there duty to make. I really like the direction there going in, in the not everyone can spend 600 USD on a phone and just have a 200 phone that does most of it seems to the trend!

^^^ The android fans wont be to happy about that s6 comment lol...thats why i left it out.....yea for samsung big unveiling it wasnt that impressive, the storage options are straight from apple except apple left out the 32gb option, the phone they design is a improvement but they shouldnt have cut out the mmc and user replaceable battery

can you guys help me source a LCD and digitizer for a blu life pure xl aka gionee e7 on amazon or ebay? phone is black.

What's app calls are back
Worked to invite ppl for a while then it stopped

thanks grimreaper009, I found that too. also thought it was sort of pricy.

I don't think the person wants to repair the phone though its just the area of the status bar doesnt respond to touches in portrait and it doesnt make sense to spend that much just to use the status bar for them. Phone came defective from Cell4Less in center city mall Chaguanas. They refused to warranty it.

thanks grimreaper009, I found that too. also thought it was sort of pricy.

I don't think the person wants to repair the phone though its just the area of the status bar doesnt respond to touches in portrait and it doesnt make sense to spend that much just to use the status bar for them. Phone came defective from Cell4Less in center city mall Chaguanas. They refused to warranty it.

Once a phone have no physical damage and tampering they suppose to change it.....what going on with these companies these days, i find they lucky that the person no pursuing that with them yes

They are lucky for that. Apparently they outsource their warranty to Xen Cellular and the technician there telling us if the screen squeeze in a pocket that will happen.
What he did not realise is both of us who went there are also technicians and what he was talking was proper "I want your money not your problems" talk.

This was in December, I made a post in this section about it with all the details.

So what did yall think of the apple event today...the apple watch and the new line of macbooks??

Apple watch: still ugly. Too expensive. Lacks functionality (at least for me). Damn ugly

Macbooks:
Low end specs (minus the ssd) for top dollar
Looks beautiful
That hard press (or whatever they integrated into the trackpad) seems like a sales gimmick to me
Too damn expensive

My conclusion is and always will be Apple lacks innovation for the most part IMO and expect you to spend your hard earned cash just for the brand

the watch doing the same thing as the android wear and a bit more from what i read..will have to see a unboxing and reviews to actually see what makes it so...the price range actually good tho.....the macbooks looks great but i feel the specs are like that as it has no fans

the watch doing the same thing as the android wear and a bit more from what i read..will have to see a unboxing and reviews to actually see what makes it so...the price range actually good tho.....the macbooks looks great but i feel the specs are like that as it has no fans
I thought the Apple edition would have been at least below $3000 but the starting price is $10,000. The 2 normal variations are decently priced. They could at least dropped the price a lot lower to go along with those specs lol

Back