What's Your Irrational Fear?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Every time I go to take a shower I open the shower door/curtain fully, turn on the water, and incorporate opening every door/curtain and walking around the bathroom to make sure the coast is clear. (The water is on to mask the sound of my footprints and distract my potential attacker as I clear the scene before getting in the shower). Once in the shower, I never turn my back to the door and I try to avoid closing my eyes otherwise the serial shower stalker killer will get me. I've done this as long as I know myself and I do this every single time I go to take a shower even if it's at someone else's house. Even if I'm setting up a bath for someone else I do it. If I wash my face at the bathroom sink throughout the course of the day though, it's no scene for my back to be at the door and eyes to be closed until I'm drying my face. I'm only in "danger" when heading for a shower. I've never been attacked by (or ever heard of) a serial shower stalker killer before, I know it's irrational, but it's still a fear. What irrational fears have you heard of? Do you have any? I can't be alone in this (right?)

No you're not. I refuse to close my eyes in the shower and always face the doorway. Thought I alone was this weird lol. I kinda mini panic too wondering if i locked the front door before coming to bathe.

I absolutely am terrified of spiders. I can't watch them at all and refuse to watch movies/tv shows that feature them. That spoiled the harry potter and lord of the rings series for me. Not to mention i moved from 2 apartments because the arachnid activity was too high

No you're not. I refuse to close my eyes in the shower and always face the doorway. Thought I alone was this weird lol. I kinda mini panic too wondering if i locked the front door before coming to bathe.

I absolutely am terrified of spiders. I can't watch them at all and refuse to watch movies/tv shows that feature them. That spoiled the harry potter and lord of the rings series for me. Not to mention i moved from 2 apartments because the arachnid activity was too high

Lol I totally forgot about the door locking! I cannot bathe if the door is unlocked. Sometimes I wet up the floor coming in and out repeatedly if I think the door is unlocked lol

I'm super cool with spiders, but trying to get over a fear of moths though :/

I wouldn't call it a fear...but I hate centipedes. If one crosses my path...it dead. lol. Spiders are creepy, but not scary imo. Unless it's a tarantula...:eek:

I wouldn't call it a fear...but I hate centipedes. If one crosses my path...it dead. lol. Spiders are creepy, but not scary imo. Unless it's a tarantula...:eek:

I've always wanted a pet tarantula. Still do actually.

:behindsofa::behindsofa:

To do what shadowhunter? Thank God my bro limited his scaring to pictures idk how i with a kept one

:behindsofa::behindsofa:

To do what shadowhunter? Thank God my bro limited his scaring to pictures idk how i with a kept one

To look at really, watch how they climb over everything like a ninja/graceful acrobat and hold it and let it crawl across from hand to hand. I think they're kind of cute when you really look at them. Beautiful creatures, just misunderstood. Last year I kept four pet spiders in my pantry for as long as I could just to watch how they moved. They were happy, I was happy, nobody bothered anybody, win/win! Never held a real tarantula though.

Last edited:
How they move is my biggest issue with them. Daddylong legs i can cope with. Anything else? Nope

Hahahaha same thing i saying Lmao shadowhunter is messing with me as well...I hate spiders as much as TSS xD

Nope I'm not. Next time I keep pet spiders I'll post pics if you all like. Just rescued a little guy from my clothesline and set him free in my garden to keep the pests away. They're amazing creatures. Best part: they get rid of mosquitoes and flies, neither of which I can tolerate.

Saw this and thought of this thread lol:

[video=youtube;Pxh9T-vGyIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxh9T-vGyIY[/video]

I may have 1-3 of these on a very small scale but I'm not stating which ones lol

[video=youtube;ZY7fz_9kStQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7fz_9kStQ[/video]

Back