Trini Bad Service

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Yup ! But what got me ready upset is that some of my family members didn't need service from the waiter's and were indeed charged for service! That is ridiculous !

I've been to a place or two where there was absolutely no service provided and a service charge was still included. I'm not surprised anymore but yup; it's absurd.

Some places really do charge when its a buffet but they should say something either via signs or telling people when they make reservations if applicable.

It just seems like bad business practice to sneakily slap a service charge for not providing service but Ruby Tuesday's also does this when you call and place an order and then pick it up and Im not talking about the recent To Go parking spaces, Im referring to before that ever existed.

I think adding a service charge to a buffet meal is ridiculous! And even worse when the customer isn't aware! And on top of that, they calculated it based on the entire bill! That's absurd!

I think adding a service charge to a buffet meal is ridiculous! And even worse when the customer isn't aware! And on top of that, they calculated it based on the entire bill! That's absurd!

It was ! I am never going to buffets again until i get correct info .. I had similar experience when i went to Texas De Brazil. You are paying close to $400 a person. They advertise all the meats and drinks and everything but when you go
1. Drinks are not inclusive
2. Seafood not included and have to be charged seperately.. Madness!

It was ! I am never going to buffets again until i get correct info .. I had similar experience when i went to Texas De Brazil. You are paying close to $400 a person. They advertise all the meats and drinks and everything but when you go
1. Drinks are not inclusive
2. Seafood not included and have to be charged seperately.. Madness!

Whaaaaat? So what exactly are you paying for?

We walked out of their establishment and never looked back after hearing what doesn't come with the buffet and what we have to pay for separate etc.
How much can 1 person eat and drink for $400! That is madness and robbery !

Oh its so sad to know the bad reviews about the Trini services.I think its not done by them in true sense but it happens unfortunately other than this their work is good.

We walked out of their establishment and never looked back after hearing what doesn't come with the buffet and what we have to pay for separate etc.
How much can 1 person eat and drink for $400! That is madness and robbery !

It's not really a matter of how much you can eat and drink for $400 if drinks and seafood are excluded from that and you have to pay service charges. And that's just per person smh.

Yup per person. Can you imagine how much drinks whould be thou ! LOL Big money making racket there yes!

This year, my wife & I decided to beat the Valentine's Day rush and have dinner on the Friday before at Muscavado's near the Trincity Golf Course. We were seated at a cubicle and all we got were the menus. After 25 minutes no one spoke to or attended to us; not even a glass of water. Should I have asked for service - hell no!
Crunch came when two customers were seated near us and were immediately given water - we got up and left without anyone asking us what was wrong. The place was not crowded.....high prices...low service. Never us again....
PS. We had dinner by Fai's...good service and cost much less...there you go!

This year, my wife & I decided to beat the Valentine's Day rush and have dinner on the Friday before at Muscavado's near the Trincity Golf Course. We were seated at a cubicle and all we got were the menus. After 25 minutes no one spoke to or attended to us; not even a glass of water. Should I have asked for service - hell no!
Crunch came when two customers were seated near us and were immediately given water - we got up and left without anyone asking us what was wrong. The place was not crowded.....high prices...low service. Never us again....
PS. We had dinner by Fai's...good service and cost much less...there you go!

So sorry you both had such a terrible experience! Now we know to avoid the same.

I visited the Gulf City branch of Wendy's today and had my first negative experience there this evening. The cashier forgot part of my order and due to a shift change, no one knew about it so I was left waiting nearly an hour while others made and collected their orders and left. Luckily the next cashier on hand took it upon herself to inform the cooks and complete the order when I spoke to her, but that time wasted had a negative impact on the rest of my day and other plans had to be canceled and/or cut short due to this incompetence.

Last edited:
I visited the Gulf City branch of Wendy's today and had my first negative experience there this evening. The cashier forgot part of my order and due to a shift change, no one knew about it so I was left waiting nearly an hour while others made and collected their orders and left. Luckily the next cashier on hand took it upon herself to inform the cooks and complete the order when I spoke to her, but that time wasted had a negative impact on the rest of my day and other plans had to be canceled and/or cut short due to this incompetence.

I wasn't waiting there an hour for them to change shifts. I would have demanded a refund or compensation for lost time and left later to write a strongly worded letter/email complaining about the service. That is absolute rubbish they can change shifts and you are the one who has to suffer while your day gets pushed back and cancelled accordingly.

I commend the cashier for doing the right thing in that situation and I cannot fault the cashier who took over, the cashier before the change over is to be blamed. I make a big deal out of these things because time is very valuable and its what everyone wants for themselves but take for granted with others.

I wasn't waiting there an hour for them to change shifts. I would have demanded a refund or compensation for lost time and left later to write a strongly worded letter/email complaining about the service. That is absolute rubbish they can change shifts and you are the one who has to suffer while your day gets pushed back and cancelled accordingly.

I commend the cashier for doing the right thing in that situation and I cannot fault the cashier who took over, the cashier before the change over is to be blamed. I make a big deal out of these things because time is very valuable and its what everyone wants for themselves but take for granted with others.

I didn't even realize the time had passed because I was eating the first part of my order. It's only when I realized the place went through a few crowds that came and left I checked the time. I'm glad the cashier stepped up because I know sometimes they have more of an attitude when you say something but my fries were oversalted when I eventually got them and left. No more cravings for Wendy's fries from me :/

Why is customer service being taken as such a joke? We're paying for the products AND service! I hope the relevant companies are aware of this and plan to act accordingly. This is too ridiculous.
Expect accordingly to mean they continue to take peoples money with no redress. Too many people tolerate the bad service or do not take it into their own hands to complain or file a complaint with the relevant management. Too many people complain to the shop floor workers but remember they are under the supervision of someone assuming a shop floor manager/supervisor and very often this person does nothing.

I've had my share of the supervisor/manager telling employees they didn't care when they had issues so I don't wish to blame the workers because they wouldn't be as careless with an effective leader who didn't treat them as poorly.

I can't believe that Trini Fried Chicken complaint. I know they're busy but first come first serve. Nobody should be skipped and then falsely ignored. It has happened to me before where I was being patient and humane with these people while all the other people treated the staff poorly and got their orders while paying after me. I really hope Trini FrieD Chicken sees this and takes notes. If they do not I don't want to think about future issues that may arise.

I dropped off this letter to Republic Bank Diego Martin two weeks ago the same day I got a dose of bad customer service.
The Branch Manager delegated somebody to call me 3 days later to apologise for the incident:

The Branch Manager
Republic Bank
Starlite Shopping Plaza
Diego Martin

To Whom It May Concern,

I write to you as I do not want to waste any time in drawing to your attention what I consider to be clear disrespect shown to me while conducting business at you branch today. I went in to your Starlite Branch today (19[SUP]th[/SUP] March) at approximately 2:45pm to make a deposit and to top up a VTM card. I was a counter #3 where the teller, a gentleman wearing a purple shirt with a black tie and black jacket, was processing my transaction.

All of a sudden during his processing of my transactions, two persons, male and female, appearing to be supervisors, came behind him and asked him to abruptly leave the counter. To my amazement I had to stand and watch for at least two minutes as the teller was counting twenty-dollar notes in their presence. During that time, I begin to boil inside wondering if to open my mouth at these very rude supervisors.

I mean, really? You stop a teller mid-transaction with a customer to COUNT MONEY??? I had to almost bite my tongue while eyeballing the supervisors who more fortunately than unfortunately never noticed it whilst giggling frequently during their conversation. I really wanted to ask those supervisors in a loud tone if counting cash was so important than the teller had to stop my transaction. Next to me was a small stack of CSR rating forms. Guess what? None were usable as they appeared to be used with names already written on them. I didn?t know the clerk?s name, and I doubt teller voluntarily give out their names.

You know how long it took for the teller to finish my transaction once the supervisor was done hijacking him? 45 seconds. I was already there about 10 minutes. I made certain to let the teller know in no uncertain terms of the offense I took with their behaviour till his colleagues on either side of him both raised their eyebrows at me. He did apologise profusely.

I even called the bank from my mobile phone at 3:15pm requesting to speak with an Accounts, Sales or Branch Manager. None were available and the rep took my name and number and said they would have one call. Well I waited until 5:15pm and of course no return phone call, hence this letter.

After the trouble of having to open an account just two days ago just to top up my VTM card I have to deal with this jackassness for customer service? I even gave the bank a good rating when I was approached by a rep who was doing a customer service survey that day. Now I regret it.

Please let your supervisors use some decorum. I hope I never experience that again. I won?t hold my tongue next time. I may be reached at [phone] just in case this is an actual concern to you.

I think I'm going to start writing letters and taking drastic measures as well. It looks like that is what we have to do to get redress.

I've just been the Red Chili Restaurant on Munroe Road , Cunupia. Business has the worst service in the history of Trinidad.
We walked in and saw no one so we assumed they were empty. We placed our order and waited. 30 minutes a man walks in and takes away two boxes of food. 20 minutes after that they began to process our order. Upon receival of our food a member of my family proceeded to ask the server what took so long. apparently they were cooking an order that was placed before ours. They had no courtesy to say anything when we initially placed our order and the ambience could not be worse .

-5 stars from me. first impressions are lasting impressions .

Oh wdh thy a lot of time n then you have to wait for them to make yours??? I would of cancel my order yes

Back