Trini Bad Service

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Ive been to two places where the manager of the store was on the phone speaking quite loudly to the an employee in front of customers.
The employees didnt report for work and seemed not to have reported for quite some time on busy days.
While i do understand their stress that they hired someone to help in these times, it really isn't helping to solve the problem especially carrying on in front of customers.

Added to that i was at kfc in Curepe 2 days ago and i got excellent service at the cashier for the first time.
However, they sent a worker to refill the ketchup after i had taken condiments and she basically wiped her forehead and touched the ketchup bag, she wiped ketchup in her hand and did not wash it out in front of customers too.

I would rather pay extra and go out of my way for good service from a business place that treats their employees and customers with respect, than witness or be subjected to disrespectful behavior in a cheaper more convenient place. Customer service makes or breaks a shopping/dining location for me.

Bread Bin ? First time i'm hearing about this establishment?

I think there's one in Princes Town but I haven't been around there in ages so I could be mistaken.

I wanna make a point here:

It is nice to you know that you can air a complaint with a business, unlike that other "elite kindergarten club" where they delete the entire thread and ban you for posting a business complaint. Sometimes public embarrassment is the only way a business will deal with a customer complaint.

True. Also serves as a warning to prevent others from experiencing the same treatment!

True saxman made a good observation there. Some establishments are Buddy buddy with X and Y business and they get offended whenever people complain about bad service. Its how Trinidad runs these days unfortunately.

Actually its depend on us that how we behave with others.Actually i am a mechanic by profession and i had many customers and also now these customers agree with my service and they never commented bad for my workshop.

Actually its depend on us that how we behave with others.Actually i am a mechanic by profession and i had many customers and also now these customers agree with my service and they never commented bad for my workshop.
Yes madracer it does but when you are treated badly by a business and you complain on a public basis you dont really expect your complaint to get deleted.

That reminds me, several years ago bmobile had a competition on Facebook, where the top scorer on a flash game would win a netbook. My friend decided to enter and freaked on it daily until he became No. 1 He kept at it and created a huge margin between him and second place. A couple days before the end of the competion, when he logged on, they had deleted him and bumped second place to first. He messaged them and was ignored, he then posted on their wall, even including a screenshot he had taken the day before. Their response? Not only did they delete his post, they blocked him! I went and reposted what he did and met the same fate! Bmobile lost a few customers that day....

That reminds me, several years ago bmobile had a competition on Facebook, where the top scorer on a flash game would win a netbook. My friend decided to enter and freaked on it daily until he became No. 1 He kept at it and created a huge margin between him and second place. A couple days before the end of the competion, when he logged on, they had deleted him and bumped second place to first. He messaged them and was ignored, he then posted on their wall, even including a screenshot he had taken the day before. Their response? Not only did they delete his post, they blocked him! I went and reposted what he did and met the same fate! Bmobile lost a few customers that day....

One more reason I'm Digicel all the way. I've seldom experienced bad service with Digicel so far. Bmobile on the other hand, tried real hard to chase me away before I finally committed solely to Digi. About 4-5 years in so far; no regrets.

So sorry to hear that maga addict .. For 8 years now i am with digicel all the way ..I didn't use my bmobile phone for 2 months and they decided to cut me and give my number to someone else . The actually did me a favour yes !

Bmobile really need to step up their customer service. Having had bad experiences with shops claiming to be "bmobile resellers" I can safely recommend the red network who have excellent post paid packages that don't require paying for calls separately from the post paid Bill.

Before i share my story i wanted to ask if it is normal for restaurants to charge service charge on a Buffet Style Dinner on all items ??

I honestly can't remember. I think they're charging for service practically everywhere now. But service charge for a buffet makes no sense to me.

For a buffet style meal which is self serve some restaurants do not charge service charge.

however, some restaurants charge service charge on the drinks items OR items ordered off the menu which is apart from the buffet.

we went to Passages To Asia for Valentines dinner which was 300 per person which was complimentary of a glass of wine plus the usual water. After we were ready to leave and asked for the bill we saw that service charge was calculated based on our entire dinner. some of my family members didnt even bother to order drinks as well. They answer we got is that they always do this and its normal ..what do u guys think?

They should disclose that information before diners begin their meal so they know what they're agreeing to beforehand. If you're not expecting that, especially in a self serve situation, it would feel kinda sneaky. Service charge in general kind of turns me off. I used to like leaving tips and deciding better service = bigger tips. Now even the crappiest or minimalist of service is guaranteed the same amount as the servers that really go out of their way to do their job well.

Back