Idea: Trinimotors Driving Challenge

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Shadowhunter

LV

What if we all contributed ideas towards making a TriniMotors 2015 Driving Challenge? Nothing illegal or dangerous obviously, things to make drivers more experienced and have something new to look forward to, maybe a bit entertaining? We can offer ideas here and brainstorm together, when we're done just put it all together (or decide which ones to keep or not), nice it up and circulate it as the official TriniMotors 2015 Driving Challenge! What do you guys think?

examples of the top of my head right now are:

-get to a new destination only following the instructions from a navigation guide

-drive through a street that shares a name with someone you know

-be part of a multiple car excursion

-drive without A/C for an entire day

-drive the legal speed limit for a day

-ease up at least five cars on the road

-honk at another car that looks just like yours

-drive to somewhere you've never been before

-drive over five bridges in one day

I got the idea from this: http://www.RealTrini.com/threads/617-2015-Reading-Challenge

What if we all contributed ideas towards making a TriniMotors 2015 Driving Challenge? Nothing illegal or dangerous obviously, things to make drivers more experienced and have something new to look forward to, maybe a bit entertaining? We can offer ideas here and brainstorm together, when we're done just put it all together (or decide which ones to keep or not), nice it up and circulate it as the official TriniMotors 2015 Driving Challenge! What do you guys think?

examples of the top of my head right now are:

-get to a new destination only following the instructions from a navigation guide

-drive through a street that shares a name with someone you know

-be part of a multiple car excursion

-drive without A/C for an entire day

-drive the legal speed limit for a day

-ease up at least five cars on the road

-honk at another car that looks just like yours

-drive to somewhere you've never been before

-drive over five bridges in one day

I got the idea from this: http://www.RealTrini.com/threads/617-2015-Reading-Challenge

great idea. have already done most of those except for the legal speed limit (not for a loooong time) and the multi car excursion. but i think it can be done.

Excellent! Let's get some more ideas!

I like this!! This should be fun and hella funny
Stopping to talk a PIC at each destination or dash cam

Yes! That sounds great! Imagine completing a part of the challenge, posting the pic on social media eg Instagram, linked to Facebook with a related hashtag eg #Trinimotorsdrivingchallenge and spreading your experiences through twitter too. You get more likes, be the first of your friends to do the challenge, and spread the awesomeness of Trinimotors at the same time! Anywhere and anyhow anyone is comfortable sharing their experience with the challenge.

I think this is an amazing idea and I would love this to come to fruition. It would be even more fun if there was some way we could track the progress.

This will help people experience safer driving practices and also with the additons to social media it'll spread the name of the forum. Good thinking Shadowhunter!

OMG That is a magnificent idea ShadowHunter! its so fun and creative xD although i might not be able to do some of those things, but ill try my best!

driving challenge starts today!

maybe we could organise to have the multiple car excursion as a Trinimotors excursion lime? what you think?

Yes!!!! See why I love this forum? =D Give me some more ideas and I'll turn it into a jpg checklist before the end of the day and we can share it out and start #trinimotorsdrivingchallenge! (where are the trinimotors Twitter people? lol) Are those ideas up there all in? Any changes/improvements to be made? What's a good number of challenges we should aim for in the list? Remember we want legal, safe stuff so we're not held responsible for influencing bad/dangerous drivers or anything like that lol

More ideas:

-Get from one destination to another without reversing at all (I was initially going for going a day without reversing but with some parking areas that may not be possible)

-Find a new route to get to a usual destination

-Drive past a waterfall

-Park next to a car that looks like yours

-Drive over a suspension bridge

-Drive through an arch bridge

The Trinimotors driving excursion sounds like a great idea! I think it would be fun to incorporate nirtime's Trinimotors Waze team idea with that (or any/all of these!). Let's get some more ideas, this can be finished and sent out today self to kick the new year off!

Thanks Steven!

Guys remember these are just examples, feel free to tweak and add! What are some driving accomplishments (legal and not dangerous) you've always wanted to accomplish? Have you accomplished some awesome ideas on your own without realizing it? Maybe others will find it fun!

More:

-Drive past three beaches in one day

-Drive past five rivers in one day

-Find three dead ends in one day

-Drive for more than five hours in one day

-Drive through the duration of a full sunrise

-Drive through the duration of a full sunset

-Drive through a street with no trees

-Drive through a street with no other cars

We can start something on Vine for videos of accomplishing each challenge and/or Instagram for dash cam images and pics from passengers (don't text/take pics and drive lol) I'm not exactly sure what the details are on either site but there should be a way to make a group or tag about it, in addition to linking back to hashtags.

Last edited:
Excellent, that sounds like something a lot of drivers would be interested in nirtime! Okay, here's a challenge for the making of the driving challenge: who can find a good "offroading" location for vehicles of all types? Something muddy! :car:

More:

-Drive from one end of the country to the other.

-Explore Trinidad's entire coastline (or as close to it as possible) by driving to all four furthest points in the country in one day. (Icacos, Galeota Point, Toco, and Chaguaramas...I believe lol)

-Visit all of Trinidad's beaches.

-Help a complete stranger find a parking spot.....you know, that thing drivers do when they flash the blinkers or honk at someone.........running out of ideas lol Help me out guys!

This is an epic idea Shadowhunter! Excellent work! This will go a very long way towards putting Trinmotors on the map! I'll be sure to add this to the Facebook page!

I've read throught the comments and I've seen a lot of brilliant suggestions by Shadowhunter, but Sh can't be the only person with a creative mind. Come on guys, share your thoughts! Add your suggestions! Let's make this EPIC!

I'll like to add:

- Drive with your friends randomly until you find an awesome countryside location and make a cook/lime
- Drive on a beach (sand) without getting stuck. lol
- Visit somewhere in Trinidad you've never been before and make friends with someone from that area.

Remember take pics! Share on Trinimotors!

great idea. have already done most of those except for the legal speed limit (not for a loooong time) and the multi car excursion. but i think it can be done.

let us be real do u even know what the speed limit is and wont you like melt/explode if u do this

Drive around a roundabout twice before exiting

Wave atleast two persons on the road

Drive with your car on a cartain radio station each day

When i think of more i shall put them up ...This is awesomely kool !

EXCELLENT IDEAS!!!!! We're on a roll!!!! Thanks so much for the input guys! Really excited to put this out there really, really soon! How many challenges should we aim for on the list before putting it together?

More:

-Drive through the area your favorite teacher lived

-Visit a new place in an area you grew up

-Randomly come across another driver doing the TriniMotors Driving Challenge

-Visit a place you vaguely remember from your childhood

-Recreate a driving excursion from the past. Bonus points for copying music, menu, and clothes!

-Visit one of your parents' favorite locations

-Visit an area you normally avoid

-Drive with a friend to an area you found on your own

-Spend an entire day of driving in total silence

-Do not take your radio or music player off for an entire day of driving

-Drive to a location that reminds you of a movie scene

-Drive through the rain for an hour

-Visit two of the wonders of Trinidad in one day

We have a lot of ideas, enought o maybe last a few months worth of driving. It feels so much like a ps3 game to me with the achievements, I love it.

To add:
-Drive through a tight parking lot cautiously while scanning all the lanes for a park without stopping to look inside the lanes
-Avoid getting angry at the next 5 bad driving scenarios you encounter
-Avoid swearing and engaging in aggressive driving techniques for 3 days
-Obey a stop sign
-Use a hand signal
-Inspect your vehicle before actually starting and driving it

Awesome ideas nirtime!

Guys I want to get this out and circulating before the end of the month so bring your last ideas forward because I'm starting to compile the ideas we have so far into an official thing! The very first of its kind....and we're making it happen!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!! Trinimotors teamwork FTW!

Be on the lookout for updates, I'd like as much opinions as possible before we finalize it.

LET'S DO THIS THING!

Back