Idea: Trinimotors Driving Challenge

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
sweeeet , ideas are really flowing!

here are some of my ideas

- Drive a modified sports car
- Drive a car without powersteering (if you could find a car without one , i recently drove a bluebird without PS)
- Drive without listening to music or watching dvds in your car

and the dangerous ideas are basically this

I REALLLY WANNA TRY THESE IDEAS!
[video=youtube;GbukUS1RJVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbukUS1RJVU[/video]

ahahahahahha Good luck with Top Gear XD

Great ideas Mr. B!!! Keep 'em coming!!!

Hahahaha I'm very serious, after watching that , you cannot tell me you do not want to try what they did there!

Especially the one with the metal plates under the rear tires XD

That's a fun challenge to accomplish !

Okay and what about this drive a motorbike without crossing 80km that's a hard one xD

That's an interesting one!

I would need a bionic suit of armor before I got on top gear's level lol

I am not riding any motor bike in Trinidad.
I rode a bike to school for a few months and always wondered whose gonna veer off the road and run into me lol

Should the challenge be focused on four wheeled vehicles?

Of course not. I'm only stating my point of view, my fears should not dictate the challenge at all.

Maybe Mr.B can pitch in there since he's into bikes.

Edit: we can categorize the challenge so those unwilling or unable to access various things needed for the challenge won't feel left out or pressured.

Cool, we can put a bonus or extra section featuring bike challenges etc so those that don't have access to bikes or don't wish to attempt those can choose not to get into that.

That works too. We can model our grading system after the trophy reward system from Sony's Playstation where you get a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum trophy rating based on what percentage of achievements you have unlocked.

People who have done all the extras can get a special rank. They would be platinum or whatever name is given to those people.

Awesome! That sounds even better! This is gonna be epic :D

That works too. We can model our grading system after the trophy reward system from Sony's Playstation where you get a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum trophy rating based on what percentage of achievements you have unlocked.

People who have done all the extras can get a special rank. They would be platinum or whatever name is given to those people.

This is a great idea, I'll be sure to pass it on to the admin.
Awesome ideas here, can't wait for the challenge to start! Make it happen Shadowhunter! lol

Building on this idea, nirtime, what if we gave each achievement it's respective trophy (bronze, gold, silver) and added a platinum section for the harder/not as likely to be done? Measuring that way as opposed to number of challenge items, only issue would be figuring out how to categorize each challenge item with respect to trophy level. What do you think?
eg.
-Bronze: Drive through a street with no other cars
-Silver: Drive without listening to music or watching dvds in your car
-Gold: Avoid swearing and aggressive driving techniques for three days

Building on this idea, nirtime, what if we gave each achievement it's respective trophy (bronze, gold, silver) and added a platinum section for the harder/not as likely to be done? Measuring that way as opposed to number of challenge items, only issue would be figuring out how to categorize each challenge item with respect to trophy level. What do you think?
eg.
-Bronze: Drive through a street with no other cars
-Silver: Drive without listening to music or watching dvds in your car
-Gold: Avoid swearing and aggressive driving techniques for three days
I don't think that's going to hard to categorize. As long as the final challenge is mapped then it will be possible to sift the challenges based on trophy level.
Yes that's a better way. So it'll be measured in the number of trophies which makes it more fun too.

Awesome! The trophies will definitely add something great to this challenge.

Here all all our ideas so far everyone:

-get to a new destination only following the instructions from a navigation guide

-drive through a street that shares a name with someone you know

-be part of a multiple car excursion

-drive without A/C for an entire day

-drive the legal speed limit for a day

-ease up at least five cars on the road

-honk at another car that looks just like yours

-drive to somewhere you've never been before

-drive over five bridges in one day

-Get from one destination to another without reversing at all

-Find a new route to get to a usual destination

-Drive past a waterfall

-Park next to a car that looks like yours

-Drive over a suspension bridge

-Drive through an arch bridge

--Drive past three beaches in one day

-Drive past five rivers in one day

-Find three dead ends in one day

-Drive for more than five hours in one day

-Drive through the duration of a full sunrise

-Drive through the duration of a full sunset

-Drive through a street with no trees

-Drive through a street with no other cars

--Drive from one end of the country to the other.

-Explore Trinidad's entire coastline (or as close to it as possible) by driving to all four furthest points in the country in one day. (Icacos, Galeota Point, Toco, and Chaguaramas...I believe lol)

-Visit all of Trinidad's beaches.

-Help a complete stranger find a parking spot

- Drive with your friends randomly until you find an awesome countryside location and make a cook/lime

- Drive on a beach (sand) without getting stuck.

- Visit somewhere in Trinidad you've never been before and make friends with someone from that area.

-Drive around a roundabout twice before exiting

-Wave at least two persons on the road

-Drive with your car on a certain radio station each day

--Drive through the area your favorite teacher lived

-Visit a new place in an area you grew up

-Randomly come across another driver doing the TriniMotors Driving Challenge

-Visit a place you vaguely remember from your childhood

-Recreate a driving excursion from the past. Bonus points for copying music, menu, and clothes!

-Visit one of your parents' favorite locations

-Visit an area you normally avoid

-Drive with a friend to an area you found on your own

-Spend an entire day of driving in total silence

-Do not take your radio or music player off for an entire day of driving

-Drive to a location that reminds you of a movie scene

-Drive through the rain for an hour

-Visit two of the wonders of Trinidad in one day

--Drive through a tight parking lot cautiously while scanning all the lanes for a park without stopping to look inside the lanes

-Avoid getting angry at the next 5 bad driving scenarios you encounter

-Avoid swearing and engaging in aggressive driving techniques for 3 days

-Obey a stop sign

-Use a hand signal

-Inspect your vehicle before actually starting and driving it

-Do some off-road mud driving safely

- Drive a modified sports car

- Drive a car without powersteering (if you could find a car without one , i recently drove a bluebird without PS)

- Drive without listening to music or watching dvds in your car

- Drive a motorbike without crossing 80km

Any changes to be made to these?

Last edited:
I'm actually really happy with that challenge it sounds like a lot of fun
.. Would you need any assistance to organize the trophy ranking for each challenge?

I'm actually really happy with that challenge it sounds like a lot of fun
.. Would you need any assistance to organize the trophy ranking for each challenge?

Yes please!!!!! That would help so much!

Can we start this in February and can we take pics pleaseeeeee! This sounds so awesome .

So each day in Feb we can set a new challenge ;D

Thanks nirtime!

@LadyDeath I'm hoping it will be finished by then, if not before! You can start whenever you wish, as there are currently 57 items in the challenge, you can space them out as you like. And yes!!! Take pics, record videos, post it wherever!

Please clear some space in your inbox shadowhunter, I can't send you a pm cause it says that your inbox is full lol.

Back