First "Start Up" Car

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Thats the idea but think i will start with the music system first not anything expensive just a basic up grade from stock was watching some rockford fosgate speakers full range that will work without out the need for a amp....by chance what type of car you drive nirtime

I drive an '08 Hilux G, theres a pic in the post your ride thread if you want to see what it looks like.

Fosgates are pretty decent sounding mids and highs. Personally I've read a lot of reviews about several of the models and all of them compare the sound quality to JBL and said its close. As for deck powered full range, its definitely possible but I always believe in a small amp vs deck power, it just gives the system that much more dynamics but amps are not cheap, even cheap amps not cheap lol.

I agree 100% with everything you saying grim!

Ppl like loud and proud but they music sounding compressed, distorted, and scratchy as hell

Mr.B I think you know how much I dislike that lol. I can talk for hours about these "loud and proud" systems.

hahaha ^^^ thanks for the input guess i going and do some more research before i start anything

hahaha ^^^ thanks for the input guess i going and do some more research before i start anything

Thats always the way I do it. You can probably start a thread in the accessories and ICE section if you need help to decide on anything.

Need some advice guys. Looking to purchase my first car later this year or early next year - depends on how much of a dent carnival leaves on my savings lol. I really want something small and a little high like a new model Jimny. What are parts like for these? Are they reliable? I keep hearing that parts are hard to find/expensive so I'm a little wary. I think my alternatives would be 2 door Rav 4 or a Pajero iO. Any info/advice would be really helpful.

Need some advice guys. Looking to purchase my first car later this year or early next year - depends on how much of a dent carnival leaves on my savings lol. I really want something small and a little high like a new model Jimny. What are parts like for these? Are they reliable? I keep hearing that parts are hard to find/expensive so I'm a little wary. I think my alternatives would be 2 door Rav 4 or a Pajero iO. Any info/advice would be really helpful.

Most men who buy jimny looking to upgrade it so it can go off road....have seen alot running about as for parts cannot say.......what model rav 4 or i should say year...and i dont know about the pajero's havent seen alot of them could be alot of reasons for that

Thanks grim. Not into offloading too much. I'm considering the 2000-2005 ravs.

Bresh i dont know anything about either of your choices but the majority of Jimnys are bought and repurposed for off road mainly. Ive seen quite a few 2dr in the older model rav4s around and they seem to have no trouble functioning after so long.
Jimny parts cant be all that hard to get, we have lots of Jimnys surely they must get their parts from somewhere.

I've only ever seen one Pajero IO and Im aware that Pajero isnt very common in Trinidad and so parts may be an issue unless it shares its platform with another Mitsubishi as i know the current series Pajero carries the L200 engine.

i think your safest bet would be the 2005/06 rav 4 in my opinion as for parts not sure but they should be more commom as ive seen them alot and everyone does brag about toyota and reliability....it you know anyone who owns one you should have a little chat with them....

My first start up car is a Vintage Ford and it owns by my grand father when i used this car so its in a average condition so i bring some new parts for it for a better output.Its really a very awesome car.

My first start up car is a Vintage Ford and it owns by my grand father when i used this car so its in a average condition so i bring some new parts for it for a better output.Its really a very awesome car.

Vintage cars are awesome, lots of personality !

Yeah its the reason that why i am using Vintage cars mostly because these are very valuable and other than this these cars are also very powerful and modification on these vehicle is very easy.

Your First Car

My first car was a 1985 Chevy Citation. I bought it around 1997 for $400 I drove it for about year before it gave out on me.
What was your first car.

Attachments

• citation.JPG
    citation.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 30
Chevy citation is a perfect old version car with a good speed and mileage and also efficiency is very impressive.Design is also looks awesome.I just love it.

Back