Women drivers!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
The majority of bad drives and road rage I've seen on the road have been male drivers though.....the two accidents I can recall with women drivers involved were because the first (which I was in) was rear ended by a MAC truck and the second (which happened next to me) was rear ended by a drunk male driver. From what I saw at both scenes, the female drivers were driving normally and in no way encouraged any road rage or accident prone driving.

On this note, something I've always wondered is that women drivers are typically expected to be bad/careless drivers right? So why advertise cars for sale as lady driven?

Male drivers do some very dotish things, not ever going to deny that! One of them try to scare me today alone with fail so not going to defend anybody.

However, the times when I felt like I was gonna end up in a drain was with women drivers on the oncoming lanes. Just the other day a woman with a VW Bora took a very easy corner so wide that she ended up in the middle of the road and then she straightened her steering wheel and headed directly for me. I started to flash my lights and blow my horn and point to the of the road.

So argue with me all you like, male drivers, female drivers, all pretty much drive like total morons, its only a select few individuals actually have the skill anymore to handle their cars but it has been the encounters with female drivers that have sent up my nerves more than anything.

Last edited:
You are definitely entitled to how you feel from your experiences as well. Mine have been the opposite. I think in generally, the bar should be raised much higher in terms of driving. It is too easy for careless people to operate heavy machinery and endanger their own and other lives. Remaining on this topic though, if both a woman and man caused identical driving problems (road rage, accident, etc.) would you react the same to each driver or be more inclined to think "must be a woman driver" in response?

Gender has nothing to do with it as far as I'm concerned. I think nothing like that really. The majority of times I'm not surprised to see a man but there are some out of the usual ones that occur, those tend to be women generally in my experience(as in literally driving in the middle of the road).

I only ask about gender because of the name of the thread and relevant complaints. The complaint of "women drivers", taken for granted that it is meant in a negative manner, does not have the same effect if you say "men drivers".

If I simply state "men drivers" I would most likely be met with a blank stare or asked to explain myself/build on the statement. There is a very high chance if I say "women drivers" that the response would be assumed negative acknowledgement and related negatively agreeing statements.

Disagree. If said men drivers, I would expect the same reaction. I suppose everyone is different in that regard.

Some people say (including me) that most female drivers drive really slow but maybe thats why they get in accidents less often than men. Maybe they drive so slow that they have time to avoid an accident?

Some people say (including me) that most female drivers drive really slow but maybe thats why they get in accidents less often than men. Maybe they drive so slow that they have time to avoid an accident?

Following the speed limit yes! A few of them still maintain care and caution and thats very commendable. Although I see plenty women racing like they driving a track car too and often it is those who bring a bad name to women drivers.

Just this morning a stupid female drive nearly make me rub down her passenger side.

Approaching the Maraval roundabout form Long Circular side, I noticed her yapping with her mobile phone to her ears behind me. As it hit dual lane she jump to the right lane 9 I took left) but as she suddenly notice a pile of rubble in her path (from a spill from a truck a couple day earlier the POS Corporation yet to remove!) of course, she pull on me while she next to me without slowing down. I had to slam brakes.

And as usual, all caught on dash cam... I'll upload in the next couple days

^^ That is a real serious bad drive to get... she wrong and on the phone to make it worse... Mirrors doh exist?

that's the thing with women..they will give you a drive so bad that you will hit them instead of they hitting you ..smh

LOL.....i need to stop coming in this thread lmao...Men do the same thing also @ lady death

[video=youtube;k7GhMF2VfM8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7GhMF2VfM8[/video]

I am just going to leave this here..kay :)

a lady side swipe my left rear fender today in price plaza and i only now see it wdmc and i come out and my car but i only check the bumper as i though it was there where she touched...and you know she wouldnt even say........an HOW does a woman reverse into a car that literally showing in all her mirrors steupes i vex right now yes

a lady side swipe my left rear fender today in price plaza and i only now see it wdmc and i come out and my car but i only check the bumper as i though it was there where she touched...and you know she wouldnt even say........an HOW does a woman reverse into a car that literally showing in all her mirrors steupes i vex right now yes

Oh its the same way a man does see you indicate to turn off a major road into a minor one and he does try to pass u on the side you turning... Blind or not, I have no clue.

Back