Weird food combinations we love

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
I think Jengi is something like bodi? Not too sure....

It's stinky tasting. Real stinky. It looks like a cross between an oversized okra and a bodi but skinnyish and long. The skin is kinda tough and scratchy. When they cook it it resembles same to some extent. It tastes so stink idk why people cook it and the skin so scratchy it makes your mouth feel weird.

Last edited:
Hahha I think I know what shadowhunter is talking about, my grandmother loves to eat that (if its the same thing I thinking of)

Hahha I think I know what shadowhunter is talking about, my grandmother loves to eat that (if its the same thing I thinking of)

My grandmother loves it too. Idk why. It's so nasty!

Tbh I haven't even given thought to eating it XD

Hmmmm my friend brought wraps with a spicy salsa today and started dipping the wraps and eating.

I am confused on how that actually works? Spicy salsa with wraps ? My brain is confused.

Tbh I haven't even given thought to eating it XD

Hmmmm my friend brought wraps with a spicy salsa today and started dipping the wraps and eating.

I am confused on how that actually works? Spicy salsa with wraps ? My brain is confused.

I would totally do that. Sounds delish! :D

Hahahaha really? Well you can try them and tell me how that goes I just don't see the combination together, I would understand mexican/Italian with it ,but wraps has so many flavors already, the dip would over power it , it's not like there is a complexity behind the dish either

My boy just up and bring 2 things that was edible in his house

That spicy wrap thingy actually sounds good! My wife loves Venezuelan food, and she makes some awesome stuff with corn meal....can't pronounce the stuff she makes, so I definitely can't spell it. lol

Hahahaha really? Well you can try them and tell me how that goes I just don't see the combination together, I would understand mexican/Italian with it ,but wraps has so many flavors already, the dip would over power it , it's not like there is a complexity behind the dish either

My boy just up and bring 2 things that was edible in his house

Ahahahaha yep I will! What was in the wrap? Taste buds are tingling now lol

Sunny side up eggs over easy, sliced down the middle to break the yolks on top of lightly salted roasted potatoes or fries. It's the same thing as serving it over hash but I still got weird looks.

Sunny side up eggs over easy, sliced down the middle to break the yolks on top of lightly salted roasted potatoes or fries. It's the same thing as serving it over hash but I still got weird looks.
Now this sounds delicious!! I gotta try this!!! Lol

So I saw for lunch in the cafeteria In school they serving fish fillet with pelau and or Sheppard's pie.

Isn't that a weird combination? I mean fish and pelau and or potatoe pie? I can't exactly comprehend the flavors together

Now this sounds delicious!! I gotta try this!!! Lol

So I saw for lunch in the cafeteria In school they serving fish fillet with pelau and or Sheppard's pie.

Isn't that a weird combination? I mean fish and pelau and or potatoe pie? I can't exactly comprehend the flavors together

No thanks! Fish pelau! lmao I'm getting hungry now....:/

Hahahaha same here bro,wonder what on the menu for dinner lmao

Eww.....I'm very picky about pelau, definitely wouldn't go near it with fish!

Back