The Weather Thread!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
well flood waters are receding now good news for all those residents who are completely under water, i heard in some parts of trinidad, especially in mayaro , up to 24 inches in water!

Ok, I'm calling it...within the next 10 years, a raised highway would have to be built to connect Ortoire to Sangre Grande.

Unfortunately the Caroni river seems to be experiencing some "technical difficulty". On my way home at 3pm today I drove along the south bound highway in the rainy weather and occasional bad drive. The river didnt look too happy. I dont think it will take many more downpours for the river to overflow on the south bound.
My dad also just told me over the news they were monitoring it as it seems to be rising. I believe there was some water on the road on the left hand side just after the Bird Sanctuary flyover. Will quote if I catch the ODPM bulletin in time.

Last edited:
I plan on packing some essentials and leaving it in my vehicle so if it is the river floods the south bound Ill survive for a lengthy period.

That's wise nirtime!

I am so sorry for everyone affected by flooding but it hasn't rained all day by me and the place so hot I could fry an egg on my head. Send some cold rainy weather this way!

People as a warning be very cautious when travelling on the Uriah Butler Highway. There is a pretty thick layer of water on the roadway around Grand Bazaar and around Valsyn area.
Should you feel your vehicle being pulled in the direction of the water puddle make an attempt to get your wheels on the white line for additional traction.
Drive with your lights on if visibility is still low.

Thank you for letting us know . There are also comments that there is an Oil Spill on the Beetham and backed up traffic. Please be careful on the roads

Today didn't have much rain in Princes Town, hopefully that's a good sign for everyone. Haven't heard of any causalities due to the flooding, hope there isn't any.

Rain rain rain up north again, heard caroni spilled its banks again today, thankfully not much were affected this time!

Loving the cold weather but the damage for Christmas is going to be terrible for families

The anti-sun regime is not bad but it is destructive and very much so too. Its a wonder that I haven't heard about any major accidents in the wet roads.

Electricity went twice yesterday.....I couldn't sleep....I had to choose between being mosquito bait or overheating under a blanket....rain it's time to go.....

Hahahaha I want back the rainnnnn!! Or at least the overcast weather!

I need my coldness!! Sun too hot! It killing me!

I'm with Mr. B. I can't even think straight in this heat! Thankfully it just rained at last!

It rained this morning by me too! but the place rell hott!! my CPU temperatures reaching all 80 degrees Celsius on idle! and i now dust out and re-apply thermal paste on this computer eh! place too dam hot!!

tbh flood victims, i rell sorry eh, but allyuh could have jump in the water and swim yes, make a positive out of a negative (and yes we used to do that in caroni when flood happen when we was kids , we being me and my friends , but right after is to bathe with Savalon)

Hahahahaha! I was wondering, swimming in flood waters, you bound to get some kinda skin disease. lol. Ad especially in Caroni, aren't there allot of these guys?

crocodile-eyes_2046021i.jpg

thats exactly how the caroni river used to look at night!! now they hardly have that visible, men eating them out like nothing!!

when i go up by my father i will take a picture of the picture that we had with the alligator , i think he still has it somewhere lying around! you'll see how it was!

Mr.B you are a boss sir lol.

The weather in central has been mainly sunny with light partial showers during the afternoon. Great weather to foam up your car :D

Back