T&T Drivers License

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
I did mine for doing it sake didnt really have an impact on me so to say watching the vids etc becaus some of the things they thought i was doing it way before lol

I didn't have that opportunity. I did it 3 days after I got my license. That's the best way to do it even if you are aware of things sometimes, theres always some benefit. Never really thought about whether objects resting on the back seat could be projectiles under heavy braking until seeing it in teh videos.

I never thought about it being a projectile during heavy breaking but I can definitely see it causing a lot of harm in an accident.

I bet they showed you the Saudi drifting videos though. No defensive driving course is complete without a video of those idiots.

They actually showed a video where an UN-seat belted human in the back seat can be a dangerous object in heavy breaking or impact .

Anyone knows if the age for acquiring a license is increasing? or staying the same?

From what I heard they plan to increase the age to 21 years old by the end of 1995. They don't seem to be in a rush to do it though.

Yep that I saw ages ago in a documentary and also during defensive. Buckle up and sit tight. People like to remove the rear belts for style though.

I believe it may remain the same but the learners will be like a P Plater in Austrailia where once they have their P's for one year of driving, an experienced driver must be seated beside the driver.

i hope they do. Our roads are getting more dangerous and there are too many cars . With our rate of RORO imports, it will soon have more cars than people lol

Combine ROROs with new cars and its no wonder why theres so much traffic. However, collect some legit corruption stats and see why we have so much terrible driving.

When they teach you how to operate a vehicle (that does most of the work for itself) but don't teach you how to drive on top of not enforcing rules against poor driving it's surprising that there isn't even more carnage on the roads. Our roads are a free for all.

The thing about traffic now is that people have to get around. So the only way to combat traffic effectively is by reducing the need to get around (decentratising POS) or by making it easier and more efficient for people to get around without using a car (upgrade public transport). Anything else would just be treating the symptoms amd not the problem. Making it harder for people to get cars without is a very bad idea. It will do more harm than good. Everybody wants everyone else to give up their cars but would not want to give up their own... I wonder why...

given crime and inconsiderate people, its not compelling to travel or take a bus what so ever.

Increase in the age won't make a difference lol a person will still be in experienced IMO if they want to go that route they should make it thy when you could legally drive by yourself certain hours or sumn so

Instead of raising the age, just have ppl drive for the year under the supervision of another driver with a bit of experience at least.

Or setup the learner's permit to be 16 and during that time let ppl take a certain amount of classes and then drive with another driver for the rest of the year.

The problem is it have very little good drivers remaining.

Back