T&T Drivers License

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Driving license is very important for us to drive on the roads.I think its the first priority to drive a car that you should have your license.By this you it checks you about the traffic rules.

My time has come for me to qualify for a Heavy T. YESS !! Have no time to go for it though so i will pay a little bribe money and just have it in my hands soon. :D Cannot waitt

My time has come for me to qualify for a Heavy T. YESS !! Have no time to go for it though so i will pay a little bribe money and just have it in my hands soon. :D Cannot waitt

Smh in grave disapproval.

Do the Heavy T driving instructors actually teach you anything though? I got both my bike and car license the legit way and had to learn everything (except road signs and how to operate the vehicle) after I started driving. Sadly, I think most instructors could be outdone with a simple youtube video.

Dude is right there you know, instructors for class 3 just show you basic car control but in terms of signs and other important stuff its just not there.

I heard from my defensive driving class a few years ago that the students were saying heavy t was conducted with a one ton truck lmao.

I have no time Lol ! Don't be because we all know Trinis love de bribe :D

Oh they do it with the Mini Sized sand trucks. My work scheduled is hectic and i will have no time to go for classes when i already know how do drive cranes and 3 tonne trucks

When I went for my license a couple years back I saw them using a 2 tonne truck for the test.

The defensive driving course are good but there is nowhere that teaches proper driving techniques. Like when to use you high beams or how to match speed before merging onto the highway and pulling onto the deceleration lane before starting to slow down when coming off.

The defensive driving course I went to thought these things and a lot more. They even discussed improper HIDs

Which course was that? I went to Colfire's course and they basically just talked about driving slower and not tailing other cars. It's kind of sad that we have to depend on optional classes to teach essential driving etiquette.

i did mine a few years ago lol was a whole day thing lol but it was good and the person was realistic etc good for young and old drivers to go do

Which course was that? I went to Colfire's course and they basically just talked about driving slower and not tailing other cars. It's kind of sad that we have to depend on optional classes to teach essential driving etiquette.

It was an 8 hour ddc at Training and Logistics in Couva. Had a practical part as well. Id do it again if I had to.

They were pretty extensive as in proper overtkaing, roundabouts, bad spare tire changes stopping practices, had a segment on aggressive drivers even.

Oh right. I heard about that one. I heard that one is supposed to be really good. I just went with the Colfire one because it was convenient and I needed the certificate for insurance.

Yes you do get a nice discount for having it for insurance purposes.

Seeing as though you are a biker I think you will be more aware of the road and the should and should not practices as well.

i got a lovely offer at UWI when Arrive Alive was offering the Certificate for little money.
It was the theory course that lasted approx 8 hours too.
There were videos , an test at the end of the course and alot of teaching about defensive driving.

I will always recommend them .

There really should be some standard set. I don't see how the colfire theory course can be as good as the theory/practical course in Couva... and this is coming from someone that did the colfire course and benefits from the discounts I get from it.

There really should be some standard set. I don't see how the colfire theory course can be as good as the theory/practical course in Couva... and this is coming from someone that did the colfire course and benefits from the discounts I get from it.

I too benefit from the discounts by having a certificate even if its not from them. The biggest benefit is what it opens your mind to. People who ride with me get annoyed with me because I am slightly paranoid but combined with the videos I have done a lot of youtube research as well and together it makes me a better driver.

The course down in Training and Logistics also includes a lot of videos to backup the theory, it was the most fun and informative class I ever went to that I remembered all of it.

I dont know if its the same man that taught you all . But it was an indian buff bald guy that taught us. I really enjoy my benefits with my defensive driving certificate. Arrive alive is widely known in Trini so its recognizable by all institutions .

I dont know if its the same man that taught you all . But it was an indian buff bald guy that taught us. I really enjoy my benefits with my defensive driving certificate. Arrive alive is widely known in Trini so its recognizable by all institutions .

What's his name?

Back