PROMINEMENT WOMEN OF T & T

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

madsuya

LV

ZALAYHAR HASSANALI - Many will know her as the Former First Lady, the wife of President Noor
Hassanali; she was an educated an social worker, born May 3rd an grew in
siparia..mother of 2

JUNE GONZALES - First female programme director in the British commonwealth, born April 4th 1972
worked 14 yrs in radio programmeing, mother of 2

DAISY VOISIN - She was d Queen of Parang an founder of La Divina Pastora parang group, spent 23 yrs in
Nursing...birth name Alexandra Voisin

PEARL MARSHALL-BAIRD - First black air hostess in d national airline, mother of 2...an was a radio
personality for 14 yrs

Go get back to yuh dey.. going an research..

Lynette Seebaran_Suite
she is d first female practicing lawyer to go public on issues concerning women and law in t & t....outspoken on a series of women's issues such as rape, abortion, divorce and sexual harassment in d workplace....big up to her!!!

LADY THELMA HOCHOY
She was the wife of d late General governor of T & T ( SOLOMON HOCHOY )
a social worker, involved in Working Girls' Hostel, Red Cross, St Johns Ambulance and Health Association
The Lady Hochoy Home was named after her in appreciation for her social work, gone but will never b forgotten

I know there are two Modern Ones like

Patricia Mohammed and Rhodda Reddock- Both teaches and Feminists at UWI and the first ladies who reach so far in making books and stuff on women's rights and exploring laws for women and exploring the real culture of Trinidad and Tobago

madsuya said:
LADY THELMA HOCHOY
She was the wife of d late General governor of T & T ( SOLOMON HOCHOY )
a social worker, involved in Working Girls' Hostel, Red Cross, St Johns Ambulance and Health Association
The Lady Hochoy Home was named after her in appreciation for her social work, gone but will never b forgotten

Yes she did alot for T&T..she is one of the first few names that jump to mind when reading the title of this thread

These women reminds me of Diana Mahabir- Wyatt...She's an Independant Senator... She does real good work in the social work field....

Yes i forgot to mention her. She is really popular now especially dealing with Domestic Violence and Child Abuse i had to do a paper on her for Domestic Violence

NOBLE DOUGLAS; She is one of the Caribbean leading dancer and choreographers and
the teacher thousands of young dancers, she wore her
pair dancing shes at 8 yrs, someone we are proud of

what like allyuh fraid to mention the honorable Anya ayoung cheeee...am sure some of dem lil boys in Trini will agree.. :lmfao:

Ehem. Anya is a disgrace it good NY cut she off and no body cannot tell me here that she didn't deserve that!

Kamla is one of these ladies. The first woman prime minister. Congrats

big up to d first woman prime minister of t & t Ms Kamala Persad Bess is her!!!

Dame Louise Horne.......at present 97 yrs
A former senator, teacher, nutritionist, author and a community activist, Born and raised in Arima.
Received a scholarship in 1940 to university of London, she also studied in Holland, Dominica, Grenada, St Vincent......she was in charge of the food being served in all of the hospitals in T&T.......she was commemorated on a postage stamp for the "decade of women series"......Horne's book---The Evolution Of Modern Trinidad And Tobago

Waw never knew her yess.... but she sounds like a good person the only person i follow today is Diana Mahabir-Wyatt she is a real inspiration

Allyson Hennessy
January 04, 1948 – May 07, 2011..Died at 63yr
A media presenter in the 1970s at the Trinidad and Tobago Television station (ttt)..She also hosted her own popular cooking show and later moved on to the popular Community Dateline programme...During the 1980′s she mastered her cooking craft at the Le Cordon Bleu Restaurant School of cookery in London which was where she met radio broadcaster Emmett Hennessy (husband)....a renowned restaurateur with her family restaurant Veni Mange...having interviewed many people from all walks of live including the late Prime Minister, Dr Eric Williams, pop superstar, Michael Jackson, and many others....Hennessy received many accolades during her longstanding career and was recently honoured by the Trinidad and Tobago Publishers and Broadcasters Association for her contribution to television in Trinidad and Tobago in 2009...ah true-true Trini!!!

Yeo i used to love her program and i grew up with it from small ..she is a trini woman and i really admire her for all the rights and opinions she shed light to on this country

Shirley “Beulah” King has been making Trinidad laugh since 1974....born in 1942 in Point Fortin, she spent her entire childhood up to today living in Chaguanas.... a monitor at age 14.then at age 15 she got her first opportunity to teach, she taught an Infants class for three months and received a $40.00 salary. On her 17th birthday she got her first appointment to teach at Cunupia Government School...in 1974 Shirley King joined the Strolling players an became a member and began her career as an actress, later became the president of her group and reached as far as Deputy National Secretary for Trinidad and Tobago. In 1969 she received a “Youth of the Year in Trinidad and Tobago” award....In 1988 Shirley received the Humming Bird medal for her contribution to the arts; she has also received a citation from the Borough of Brooklyn, New York for acting and she has also been written about in the “Builders of Chaguanas” as one of the people who helped to build up the city of Chaguanas.

Pat Bishop; Dies at 71 yrs
Pat Bihhop was d holder of Trinidad & Tobago's highest award -The Trinity Cross...she was involve in environmental education, Government economic policy and the development of Carnival...also directed the Lydian Singers in at least 30 concerts a year and has been given the Hon. D.Litt. (UWI) in 1994...Bishop lectured history at U.W.l. at both the Mona and St. Augustine campuses for some eight years, lectured in the History of Art and Design at the Jamaica School of Art 1970 to 1972...an recieved her MA in West Indian History in Jamaica

Back