PROMINEMENT WOMEN OF T & T

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
i heard about this..may her soul R.I.P its a very shocking sudden deathh

HELEN BHABWANSINGH; winner or the Order of Trinidad and Tobago
Businesswoman..mother of 4..former owner of Kay Donna drive in cinema....owner of Bhagwansingh's chain of hardware, Dansteel and Centrin and employs over 1200 workers...in 2000 she was named "woman of the millenum" also donated $5million dollars to start the Diabetes Educational Reach and Prevention Center in UWI...she's the one who erected the star on San Fernando Hills an the one in Laventille.....someone we should b proud of in T & T!!!

i didn't know this..thanks for the info madsuya much appreciated

Margaret Sampson-Browne is the 2012 Aspire Woman of the Year
she is the Director of the Police Service's Victim and Witness Support Unit and former assistant commissioner of police...Sampson-Browne has served in the Police Service for 41 years and received the Humming Bird Gold Medal of Merit for Public Service in 2011....She is also the recipient of three honorary community awards from regional corporations. She has served on a number of Cabinet-appointed committees on juvenile delinquency, youth crime, child rights and domestic violence.....

waw i love this info.. She really is a prominent woman helping to take care of the country and dealing with children issues..i think children need to be focused on because they are our future and if we dont take care of them now how can they learn to take care of themselves and others

Angela Cropper: Angela Cropper 66yrs passes away in UK
Angela Cropper the former deputy executive director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) died at her home in London on November 12.... Cropper was an independent member of the Senate in the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago and President of The Cropper Foundation...She shared the 2005 Zayed International Prize for "environmental action leading to positive change in society...Cropper also served in various capacities with the Caribbean Community and Common Market Secretariat (CARICOM) and the World Conservation Union (IUCN)...She was interim Executive Secretary of the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity and Senior Adviser on Environment and Development with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).....She served on a number of international advisory boards, including the CARICOM Task Force on Functional Cooperation, the Council of the United Nations University, the European Union High-Level Panel on Sustainability, the Board of Trustees of the Stockholm Environment Institute and the External Advisory Group to the World Bank on the implementation of its forest strategy....She held degrees in development economics from Trinidad and Tobago and in and international law from Barbados...From 2001-2005 Cropper was co-chair of the Millennium Assessment Panel, a global programme to undertake a holistic scientific assessment of the state of eco-systems across the world. She was also co-ordinating lead author of the Caribbean Sea Ecosystem Assessment....In 2000 Cropper and her husband, John, established the Cropper Foundation!!!

RIP....from Chris Heeralal an his sister.....

Back