Places to go lime and chill

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Pardon the pic quality, this was at sunset in a hurry:

Devil's Woodyard

This is straight down in front of the parking area, there's a trail winding down the side of the gated part of the rec ground.
2cn8e9d.jpg

This is to the left of the entry path from parking, there are concrete benches and tables for seating throughout the area as well as bigger ones under sheds on this side:
2cmls04.jpg

Everything was repainted and fixed up a few months ago, including the swings below. There are also monkey bars off to the side that aren't in the pic:

2ikdugp.jpg

The children's park. There is seating off to the side as well as a shed in front of this and another entry near here:

262v19l.jpg

These are some of the mud volcanoes from another day. Sometimes you can see them bubbling and gurgling and sometimes you pick up a gassy smell, but these pics below were taken during a dry spell:

2ahwtp1.jpg

2dq5c6.jpg

fn8myx.jpg

There's also a large area off to the right to just walk around. People bring kids on tricycles and fly remote helicopters here and there's a guy who sometimes brings his goats to feed around the area:

dmwpol.jpg

Waw i am definitely interested! Would love to go when they are bubbling and active to take some nice pictures. Wish they were bigger thou

Sadly, a lot of people stick garbage in them and try to block the openings and/or break them down. I remember gong to see them nearly ten years ago and the average size was up to my knee but most were taller and bigger. I think human activities have caused them to get down to that size. Last time I saw them bubbling there were some flat ones like little pools gurgling and bubbling over. Sad compared to what it used to be.

Minus the shorty volcanos the place seems like a good recreational visiting ground. A place to visit for sure!

I've seen people have get-togethers and do BBQs there too

Back