OFFICIAL WASA TOPIC no waterrrr!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Re: Problems with WASA

I can't remember the last time I had pipe water. It's a shame the amount of money that's spent on bottled water and filters etc just for people to have drinking water. I don't think living in a third world country excuses it in anyway. Conversely, it should be a driving point in making drinking water readily available (and FREE!!!! lol).

I can't remember the last time I had pipe water. It's a shame the amount of money that's spent on bottled water and filters etc just for people to have drinking water. I don't think living in a third world country excuses it in anyway. Conversely, it should be a driving point in making drinking water readily available (and FREE!!!! lol).

Brita filters make no sense for me, so yes you're quite right in that regard lol.

Generally I get clean water at home but i'm not sure what has happened lately. Today again had the same problem in the evening... I remember we used to have clean water years ago. Not sure what happened. I know its not in every area but most of the areas I used to go to the water used to be clean and only very rarely brown or extra chlorinated.

Brita filters make no sense for me, so yes you're quite right in that regard lol.

Generally I get clean water at home but i'm not sure what has happened lately. Today again had the same problem in the evening... I remember we used to have clean water years ago. Not sure what happened. I know its not in every area but most of the areas I used to go to the water used to be clean and only very rarely brown or extra chlorinated.

I remember those days. You could have gone to anyone's house and gotten yourself a glass of tap water. As time progressed it would become "STOP! Don't drink that! You can't drink pipe water from this area!" from one or maybe two places, but now I think it's everywhere.

WASA: Preventing you from using the water you have to pay for anyway (with minor bill discrepancies here and there) since....whatever year they started lol

We may as well educate ourselves about filters then.

So this is the water I'm supposed to cook with right now. Note, this is after a minute of letting the tap run and the water stayed in the kit after that while I went to another room to get my phone, unlock it, pull up the camera and come back for the pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
So this is the water I'm supposed to cook with right now. Note, this is after a minute of letting the tap run and the water stayed in the kit after that while I went to another room to get my phone, unlock it, pull up the camera and come back for the pic.

I left the hose on full presure for 5 minutes once and the water never changed colour it remained awfully brown.
Since the break down I've gotten clear water without a lot of chlorine.

My family has also began to use the water dispenser once more with 5 gal bottles. So far no leaks but you never know.

I heard from someone once that the way chlorine is put into our water is through a hose that they turn off when they "feel" it's good. I really hope that's not true, but that's the only thing that makes sense.

THE (EMA) is investigating reports of an oily substance in the Caroni river, which forced the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA) to stop all operations at its Caroni Water Treatment Plant on Tuesday night. And customers are being advised to not use the water if experiencing a kerosene like smell in their supply. Wait for a little while until it clears up. Customers with stored supplies are further advised that they may need to empty and clean the walls of their tanks with household cleaning agents before refilling."

He said the substance was spotted last night at around 7. 15 p.m. and the operations ceased immediately. The facility was restarted at 12. 45 a.m. after the river was cleared of the oily substance, as well as clean up and disinfection works on the plant.

Areas that receive supply from the Caroni Water Treatment plant are:

North Trinidad served by the Valsayn Booster Station A & B:

Saddle Road,
San Juan
Bagatelle
Laventille Road,
Febeau Village
Success Village,
Laventille
Malick
Trou Macque

North Trinidad served by the El Socorro Booster Station:
Barataria
St. Ann?s
Morvant
Cascade
East Dry River
Dibe, Long Circular
Port-of-Spain
St. James
St. Barb?s
Cocorite
Gonzales
Belmont

Central and South Trinidad:
Piarco
Caroni North and South Bank Road
Cunupia
Endeavour
Chaguanas
Jerningham Road
Lange Park
Longdenville
Felicity
California
Caroni Savannah Road
Korea Village
Bank Village
Waterloo
Carapichaima
St.Mary?s
Mc Bean
Couva
Windsor Park
Esperanza
Claxton Bay
parts of Philippine

Southwest peninsula from San Fernando to Point Fortin
Debe Penal
Siparia Fyzabad

according to the trinidad Express newspaper

[h=1]WASA treatment plant back in service after diesel spill[/h]THE Guanapo Water Treatment Plant is expected to be back in service by tomorrow, the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA) has said.
WASA was forced to orchestrate an emergency shutdown of the plant on Wednesday, after a tanker carrying diesel overturned nearby, spilling 1,500 gallons of fuel upstream.
Soil surrounding the plant was contaminated and on Thursday, WASA confirmed contamination of the Guanapo River, forcing closure of the plant.
The Environmental Management Authority (EMA) said 1,000 gallons were recovered while the rest had contaminated the river and soil.
The tanker was being driven for an authorised re-seller of National Petroleum, privately-contracted by Hermitage Limestone Limited, which operates a quarry in the area.The tanker slipped while navigating a turn, slid into an over loader and toppled over.
NP has accepted responsibility for the spill and clean-up and said Thursday a reputable environmental firm was put in charge of remedial action.
In a media statement yesterday, WASA advised of the planned re-opening of the plant and said NP had indicated that the clean-up exercise would be completed over 24 hours.
"Areas normally served by the Guanapo Water Treatment Plant will continue to receive a supply from the Hollis and Aripo Water Treatment Plants during the hours of 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., until the plant is back on stream," WASA stated.

right now wasa have me feeling like a crustacean came up d road to see pipes dry and barren.......big steupes

right now wasa have me feeling like a crustacean came up d road to see pipes dry and barren.......big steupes

We have to go back to bathing with barrel water. I only knew water was going because someone told me, I never even heard anyone talking about it.... Not even sure where it was announced.

Water went for two days straight by me .. Friday night the water pressure was very high so i didn't hurry to bathe early ..i let all my family bathe first because i was on the forum posting ..About 11pm i decided i wanted to go bathe to sleep when lo and behold it had no water in the pipe! wtf! All my family members were sleeping and it was kinda late to wake them to put on the tank. Most uncomfortable night ever !

WASA has put out a media release that Point Lisas Desalination Plant will be down for planned maintenance work from Monday 16th October to Tuesday 24th October 2023...is this for real..at this time of the year....this is not good...sad yes....

Back