OFFICIAL WASA TOPIC no waterrrr!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
hahah when last have you ever seen a trini recycled something properly? i recycle all my parts, and stuff like that, i live on a basic rule, if it could be built it could be bought, meaning if someone else build it so people could buy it, i could do the same and build myself one as well! and its working great for me so far! recycling is the way to go!

The government of Trinidad and Tobago seems to be on a massive election campaign through subtle uses of the country's state utilities. WASA is having these poor persons give claims that one can question the validity. Areas such as Santa Cruz still have massive water problems. Come on WASA - stop the PR non-sense. In the year 2014 - people still have to line up by stand pipe to full every container they can find ?

wowwwww even Santa Cruz experiencing water issues? wow only down to election time do we ever really see results, but seriously in this day and age, we really shouldn't be lining up at standpipes!

Problems with WASA

Here is a message I sent to the wasa Facebook page. I do not think I will be replied to or taken very seriously but for the very least I feel some release of emotion by complaining.

The message reads:
"This is the kind of water you all are supplying to me. I cannot continue to wash my car in this disgraceful substance and as such I cannot dry it and it is going to require me spending in excess of $300 to have it buffed after the water spots dry and etch into my paint. I am very upset and this is not the first time I am experiencing this."

Do you experience such problems with water in your area?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421601387710.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421601387710.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 26
Re: Problems with WASA

Washing car is one thing but what about bathing, cooking and drinking it. In the area of Londonville and environs i noticed the water over their very similar to what you are showing here and to make matters worst is that its been going on for years now.

Yes admin I just tried to get some tap water to drink and it too was just as bad. I generally get clean water but lately for the past 6 months it has become a nuisance to use the water from the tap.

Strange enough there were rust particles to the base of my bucket when I emptied the water so I'm glad I did not wash with it.

OMG that's terrible! The closest water I've seen to that was in Rio Claro on occasion years ago. I don't drink tap water anymore. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. I was told by someone that it's common knowledge for WASA to chlorinate the water by holding the hose of chlorine into the water until they "feel" it's enough. I've gotten cloudy, opaque white water on a more regular basis. Have you tried calling in to lodge the complaint? Sometimes they give you the runaround, but when you call them enough times after awhile they get used to your voice, name and address and make the complaint before you can tell them what's wrong.

I feel as though I don't have the time to expend behind getting a run around cause I know they will do nothing to assist me.

I'm fed up of getting cloudy water. It happens every week here.

Fortunately I was washing a red car and not my black truck or else I would probably start to cuss them lmao

I live in Chaguanas and these are the water problems we are having :

1. Water too brown
2. Water sometimes filled with tiny particles of debris
3. Water pressure is never high
4. Water BURNS YOUR EYESSS When you open the tap so much that you cannot bathe, wash dishes etc.
5. Water sometimes leaves your sticky-like when you bathe.

We have been having these problems for years in my area. Nothing was done! My area usually resorts to boiling and then drinking the water or buying a water dispenser or cases of bottled water to cook/drink. Smh!

I think there is too much chlorine in the water hence the "particles" , cloudiness and burning eyes. I believe too much chlorine may cause sticky skin although I'm not sure on that one.

Water dispensers are trouble, they leak a lot.

I live on Blue Waters. I can't even stand the smell of my tap water anymore. I have gotten debris a few times as well. I know we're a third world country but....c'mon man WASA. This is just sad.

There are much worse off third-world countries with much cleaner water.

boy-drinking-clean-water-537x357.jpg

At least people can recognize the water from those countries is deplorable and get people working towards a change. WASA is just like "We Are Sorry. Again." *pushes more paperwork aside and goes home early*

ETA: I think Trinidad should seriously make these products available to citizens: http://inhabitat.com/6-water-purifying-devices-for-clean-drinking-water-in-the-developing-world/

According to a man I know: "Workers Against Smooth Asphalt" every road they digging as it freshly paved and then it's bumpy afterwards... We can't survive without 4wds here na this is like in some of those countries where all you find are the Toyotas lol.

We do have filters available locally its just to seek it out. That I think we should do.

Oh BTW if they start metering our water they cannot be serious with this or else we will need rebate for having useless water when it comes as described.

Ahahahahaha yep I've heard that one too, also quite accurate lol

The only filters I've heard about are Brita (which faces too much abuse from my tap water to keep replacing). Are there others in T&T?

Dude, every time I think Trinidad is moving on up something happens to remind me YES, we are indeed a third world country and quite insistent on staying there.

Lol look at the more commercial side you'll find lots more filters.
There are in line filters as well.

We won't move up until these authorities grow more serious and that isn't likely to happen.

Our country is richly blessed with an abundant source of underground & fresh water - streams , rivers , lakes , ponds etc. , springs

However there are other caribbean countries that aren't so lucky that they have to use desalination plants to feed their population. This is converting sea water to drinking water.

What i dont understand is that we have the resource so how come we are not using it to our full potential and doing things right!

Our country is richly blessed with an abundant source of underground & fresh water - streams , rivers , lakes , ponds etc. , springs

However there are other caribbean countries that aren't so lucky that they have to use desalination plants to feed their population. This is converting sea water to drinking water.

What i dont understand is that we have the resource so how come we are not using it to our full potential and doing things right!

To start with, we have 1 of the 3 largest pitch lakes in the world yet our roads can rank among some of the worst. That says a lot as a standalone problem.

Another thing, its because the heads are all greedy, they engage in dishonest practices for their own "gain" and do very half way work when needed so they can get even more work. This type of mentality is what prevents "doing it right" from taking place. We may all live our full lives and die as elderly and never see the day anything revolutionary happened in this country.

I hate saying that but lately I think of it more and more as a long term issue and it bothers me less each day as such.

A couple of months ago I started drinking bottled water. Reason being when drinking the normal pipe water I feel like I'm swallowing a piece of lead. Also, this water has led to myself, my father and younger brother getting sick.

I'll be getting a water filter soon and I would recommend it to everyone else. We had one before but it's lost in "space". WASA had a documentary where they were showing their purification process on channel 4 recently. I'm sure they have a couple of secrets up their sleeves to "enhance" efficiency.

The water filter is a very good idea. Some of them are costly like around $5000 however, buying bottled water over a period of time will surely add up to that amount.

Sometimes people put the filters through their main line just to be safe. Tell us how it goes and if you notice a difference

A couple of months ago I started drinking bottled water. Reason being when drinking the normal pipe water I feel like I'm swallowing a piece of lead. Also, this water has led to myself, my father and younger brother getting sick.

I'll be getting a water filter soon and I would recommend it to everyone else. We had one before but it's lost in "space". WASA had a documentary where they were showing their purification process on channel 4 recently. I'm sure they have a couple of secrets up their sleeves to "enhance" efficiency.
Of course, tricks like inefficient staff who don't do what they're supposed to and we the consumers end up paying for it in the end with no redress.

Water filters can be either at the main or a little plastic filter at the line located close to the tap. I have one of the small plastic filters located near the tap at the kitchen but I'm questioning it's effectiveness as of late.

As for the $5000 filters they make a lot more sense and will surely be a good long term investment.

I think one popular brand that we have here is called Brita. It's quite expensive.

When i used to live in the Arima area it was the best pipe water i ever had. The water was always clean, pressure was high and somehow used to quench your thirst. Mountain water is the best

Back