MovieTowne To increase Ticket cost next year 2015

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
IMAX is just expensive yes but you are getting what you paid for, an IMAX experience. A regular movie theaters (MovieTowne) is low quality when compared to an IMAX screen.

Yea I have to agree. The two occasions I went was really nice. From the seats, to the leg room, to the size of the screen and the definition and clarity of it. The sound system. It really is an experience.

I've always wanted to experience IMAX.. I think it working out much better to buy a multimedia projector and torrents

hahahaha yes it does, but as for convenience i would go with the torrents lmao , i dont watch much movies so i rather torrent than spend a whole setta money on going to lime by the movies!

but imax was a really nice experience, the atmosphere was really normal, as compared to movie towne where it have one setta hooligans, and real questionable behaviour going on at the back of the theatre room :/

Imax is awesome! The first movie I saw there was Prometheus, that blew my mind, then I went to see The Dark Knight Rises and the projector calibration was off, so the entire movie was blurry as hell :( It's still the best way to watch movies IMO, but as Mr. Bollywood said, torrents is the best. A little tip, look for movies uploaded by YIFY, awesome quality, with small file sizes, 720p - 700mb, 1080p - 1.6gb on average.
Do you guys know if they reopened the south Caribbean Cinemas? I heard it has 10 screens and one of the screens is some new tech that they're now rolling out in their cinemas with a wall to wall, floor to ceiling screen and some super surround sound or something...I'll look for the article and post the link if I find it....sounds kinda IMAXY....What do you guys think?

Never went Caribbean Cinemas becuase its kinda out of the reach for me, since i'm living Tabaquite i usually go movietowne but with all the crappy service Movietowne offering i will have to try out Caribbean Cinemas. Really like the idea of paying something like 25 dollars to see a movie but the only problem they have a bad rep for cars being stolen from their carpark.

Imax is awesome! The first movie I saw there was Prometheus, that blew my mind, then I went to see The Dark Knight Rises and the projector calibration was off, so the entire movie was blurry as hell :( It's still the best way to watch movies IMO, but as Mr. Bollywood said, torrents is the best. A little tip, look for movies uploaded by YIFY, awesome quality, with small file sizes, 720p - 700mb, 1080p - 1.6gb on average.
Do you guys know if they reopened the south Caribbean Cinemas? I heard it has 10 screens and one of the screens is some new tech that they're now rolling out in their cinemas with a wall to wall, floor to ceiling screen and some super surround sound or something...I'll look for the article and post the link if I find it....sounds kinda IMAXY....What do you guys think?

MANGA YUH BACK!!! last time i passed they were fixing up the car park area. I would love to go for the experience. Does anyone think that they will have a high price too?

Ok this is what i don't understand, how is it that Caribbean Cinemas can maintain their ticket prices at 25 dollars and Movietowne can't? I just don't get it. Derek Chin said that he hopes the public will understand the reason why they are increasing the prices and my answer to that is no. If Caribbean Cinemas dont increase their prices due to the inflation rates then movietowne have no excuse to.

What i believe is movietowne owner got accustom to the profits he made last year and will like to make more.

BrotherHood is right! only in for the wealth, the fact that they have the money and resources to raise the prices, they getting way to ridiculous these days!

MANGA YUH BACK!!! last time i passed they were fixing up the car park area. I would love to go for the experience. Does anyone think that they will have a high price too?

Yea! It's really good to be back! :happy: I knew they opened already and was shut down, don't know if they're back up again. Still can't believe they named the place South Park. Think we'll run into Cartman? lmao.

Movietowne can raise prices as much as they like. Why? Stupid Trinidadians will still flock to them! Haven't people heard about voting with your wallets? I won't be going for sure. Projectors getting cheaper(I already have a wall reserved :heh:)...saving up for a nice Onkyo 7.1 and I nice!

Movie Town can have all the young and rich ppl coming bk to see movie in a over priced theater....not me...i always go an watch my movies in San Fernando.....Empire Cinema on a tuesday...for only $15....i don't see anything less dan u guys see....:clap2:

So today i went Movietowne and in theater 2 in d walk way lane to the middle at the left hv ah big stinking leak.....middle of the movie getting wet......not sprinkles but wash down, and not lik u can get up and move cuz d theater already filled and it so dark, and then they wanna talk about increasing prices.Fix d damn place 1st

So today i went Movietowne and in theater 2 in d walk way lane to the middle at the left hv ah big stinking leak.....middle of the movie getting wet......not sprinkles but wash down, and not lik u can get up and move cuz d theater already filled and it so dark, and then they wanna talk about increasing prices.Fix d damn place 1st

Which Movietowne was this may i ask? lmao i agree they should fix the place before they raise price!

btw did you complain to anyone in authority? i would have done so if i saw this type of problem within the theatre! serious issue of infrastructure and wasting water!

Think I saw they got 10 movies because of there anniversary

The reason why i continue to go Movie Towne is because it's 9 mins away from me, i can never get time to watch a movie because the tv is always reserved for ZeeTv or Action Movies by my family, my laptop over heats and when it gets hot my mouse can hardly move and my Desktop always shuts down when playing movies/videos. Some of them are easy fixes but i no one wants to help me.

The reason why i continue to go Movie Towne is because it's 9 mins away from me, i can never get time to watch a movie because the tv is always reserved for ZeeTv or Action Movies by my family, my laptop over heats and when it gets hot my mouse can hardly move and my Desktop always shuts down when playing movies/videos. Some of them are easy fixes but i no one wants to help me.

Get a cooling pad like this, helps, especially if you're putting the laptop on a bed.

814bnhpJL5L._SL1500_.jpg

I'm a strong supporter of Thermaltake cooling fans,some of the most powerful and efficient cooling pads on the market!!

yea man they are strong, reliable, and cools really efficiently, i need to get one myself!

Back