Christmas

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
hahahh ikr! i does blast the old tunes when i ready!

anyone have any Rum cake to share as yet?

i will share my grandmother rum cake with allyuh!

thing bunning your throat while you eating it.

I want.....I love rum cake.....I does look lil small....but I greedy...I love my belly an I ain't shame to say it!!!! When I was small, I used to be bashful.....now....bring thing!!!! lol.

Hahahahhahahahah that's the spirit bro! Eat yuh belly full for Christmas week!

I'll try to save a good piece for you! My family does attack that cake as if a bandit will take it.

Usually the bandit is me xD

Lmao. I know the feeling. But my wife doesn't like it, and I don't much up with family, so my only option is KISS. lol

I'm excited for the baking and decorating. That, some classic carols, and random acts of kindness define Christmas for me. I actually enjoy shopping for others more than getting gifts but this year I'm ready to be greedy!

i'm excited for christmas, especially our Christmas Eve Parade where my dad dresses up a santa claus and give gifts to all the kids in the neighbourhood. It's a really special day where family comes together to help and have fun package toys and share christmas goodies.

Well this year Christmas might be different from the traditional Christmas I accustomed to... For years the family does spend days by us for Christmas... This year it looks like everyone on their own this time! Everyone either to busy, or going away

Christmas is definitely changing guys, what do you think?

Christmas for me has generally been quiet. Past few years have been my wife and I, and now my son.

Dude even just the three of you can have such a wonderful time eh,your son is going to make Christmas feel so special! Trust me on that one!

Kinda don't like Christmas (please don't get religious on me) too much expenses, gifts, drinks, people rely on one day in the year to give to the poor or act friendly.

@ Mr. B Yea I know it'll be awesome, once you're with those who matter most.

@ admin....but it's the birth of Christ...lol just kidding....there are people who wait until events like Christmas to donate, share, give charity, etc. And it may seem fake, but to the people who're on the receiving end, they'll be eternally grateful. One act of kindness is a lot better than none. As for the money spending, that's true, but for me, I don't drink, my Christmas comprises of my wife and my son...that's it. I'm not a big limer, so Christmas for me, is watching Christmas movies, cooking, and exchanging gifts.....nothing spectacular, still memorable :)

I totally see admin's point. When I grew up what excited me about Christmas was the Xmas spirit people got from November onwards because of the holidays. I've never identified Christmas by a tree, religious tradition, or one day. I've had Christmases with no gifts, tree, decorations, or holiday baking that are still some of the most memorable for me because there was joy and courtesy all around (until about the time school started back lol). I take issue with all holidays a bit (I don't even celebrate my birthday) because I think it's a bit hypocritical to celebrate one day and go back to the dog eat dog world the rest of the year, but I think for most people, that's how they've always defined it and as Manga said, better than nothing.

To me, that's exactly it though, it's a dog eat dog world, life is soo full of stress. Christmas, to me is stress relieving, the atmosphere, the Christmas spirit, it's incredible! It's definitely my favorite time of the year.

Wish Trinidad would snow though... :(

38 days away....the weather has changed and evenings are getting dark earlier.....in my area up country an where i work at around 1am to 5am.....the place looks like snow....all u see is white mist....its very beautiful....i don't give gifts and dont shop for christmas....but i love the season.....it makes u feel special.....

I would love some of that mist in South! These past few nights I'm sleeping in hoodie, jeans, socks, and three blankets with this nice cold rainy weather.

shadowhunter that is good talk you talking there!

these past few nights so cold, i thought i had on the AC
then i remembered i dont have an AC in my room LMAO

but the nights are getting colder, the weather getting rainier
the nights getting darker

CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE!

lol I wish it continues until Christmas! I usually drag a fan with me in every room because the place is so hot, and I've been reaching to turn off fans that not there because it's so cold! Yesterday and today were really warm though :( Only slept with 2 blankets last night :(

Back