Chaguanas new mayor- Natasha Navas

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Resha

LV

Navas, 30, the first female mayor of the central borough, said her duty was to serve the people. Navas has been elected after she was voted in as an alderman, replacing former mayor Dr Surujrattan Rambachan.

She said: “My duty is to serve the people. I am a people person, I want to work with the community of Chaguanas. I want to work with the businesses, both large and small and I want to first start with helping the vendors, both indoor and outdoor in the market, to legally strive in earning a living for the families.” Navas hurriedly passed through the garbage and almost slipped on a mango on the streets outside the market before making her way inside the dimy-lit facility.Navas said she planned to get married soon to her fiancé Robbie Katwaroo, of Felicity.

But did you see her swearing is lol she made alot of mistakes and i mean alot said people's names wrongs and when she heard that nagasar was given an extra term she showed a face of disgust wow, all that from the mayor, hope she performs her duties and not chicken out

What do expect from a thirty year old woman... I think she too young for this job...She will soon be planning for a family so y take this responbility now..... She looks like a person with alot of attitude...Admin did u c cousin niesha inn the swearing in ceremony.... I did ...

Nope i was just watching the news i did not see the whole thing, yes she looks like a very rowdy person, but again we can't judge the book by its covers lets give her a chance and sees if she will just site down and get paid or actually work for her money

i think she is peronally too young to be a mayor in chag in this time of her personal life. well we will just have to wait and see if a female can do the job we cannot judge her just yet

I heard that yesterday which was her first day of work, she stayed inside (so busy)that she didnot get time to introduced herself to other staff members of the corporation in the same building....

Resha said:
I heard that yesterday which was her first day of work, she stayed inside (so busy)that she didnot get time to introduced herself to other staff members of the corporation in the same building....

Thats not the way to start workmanship . i think she is pumpose

I have never heard her name in any politics or business. she is to young and for the looks of it she better come good yes

Navas, a bank marketing officer at First Citizens Bank -POS handed in an application for one year no-pay leave yesterday.
Officals said that Navas has settled into the Major's office nicely and will be meeting with the media from today...

wait till all d market and street vendors ready for her , she cant deal with the street people, she should not have taken the job as mayor now, she will run by jack to help her out by cryin bo who who? , money will talk more in central now.

Yeah..real people expectin here out in the streets the first day she was in power but i guess she likes AC

all wat people said bout Dr Surij they know, But i kno he used to go into bars and arcades to run out kids wit school clothes for him self when he newly started in office, walk d streets, meet d people one one, wasa use to get complains from him on behalf of d people, etc . so puttin someone new there is not a problem BUT elect a virbant individual who can shake up and get things done coz is d middle and lower income u representing, come on Jack shame on u.

i am saying this is a man's work cuz it have no such thing like that today but i mean elect a woman who can handle the job and fit all the spaces eg. socializing with the people .

She can't stay in her office and do this work she really needs to come out and see what needs changes and improvements, and she should be about to take cuss because it does have some very rowdy people, especially those who are selling in the streets, she have to be able to pass all of this

Ms Navas deserves a fair chance like any other person, she is young she is bright and i think she will bring fresh new ideas to the borough
time to let the old timers who are stuck in their ways to give the young lady a chance, they cant stay at the helm forever

yes i agree but she is being used as a popet by politicians, she is an educated individual an as d moyor she needs to handle her business in a professional manner and not politicize office work!!!

true. I think eveyone should give her a chance. you never know she can save chag

I think so far she is doing a good job hope she can keep it up but she should stay out of the political arena its not place for her. She has the support of jack waner so their will not be much problems

Back