Any idea on how to solve crime?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
i agree with allyuh by saying we as citizens shud b more proactive,but with the way things are goin,we cant.people fear for their lives now.
i do think dat the coruption in trini has reached a level dat they cnnot correct soon and d police officers hav lost the respect of the population.crime is escalating bcuz of this
all the members of parliament need to leave and get sum youths to take over bcuz the thinking pattern of the present ppl is very wrong and not moving.they look out for their friends and family only.they not understanding the needs of the country

I under what you are saying its like if a company is running a business and the workers fail to do the job right who do you think is to blame its not really the worker even if its their fault. But its the company's management if they don't up force the rules and let the workers do what they want the company will crumble.

Its the same for the government and the people of this nation if you use my example you will see what i'm talking about. The government is more to be blamed for the crime.

that is wat i am trying to get at.
now that we have identified the main or shud i say a major factor to the problem,we need to find solutions to this.

I find they should limit the governmental period to only 3 years not five that too long

lol pretty soon all we'll end up with finely paved roads! With every administration change projects are dropped, created and shelved because everyone will still have thier own ideas. It doesnt make a difference who's in power both the goverment and the opposition need to agree to work for the country. So essentially the we're as dependant on the party not in power to do thier job. The alternative to this is a special majority were the ruling party has control of more than 2/3 of parlament. Some people see this as a serious threat for some reason.
I said all i did before to say that some of the things people calling for as nessesary aren't all that feasible in a purely democratic society. Say we bring back death penalty for kidnapping, murder and manslaughter. Life for drug trafficking and harsher penalties for rape abuse and similar crimes. This doesnt make the justice system work it only works for those who get convicted. It isn't much of a deterrent because most criminals knowingly chose to break the law regardless of the consequences. This only works for repeat offenders but an alarming number of crimes are domestic related. Alot of crimes are spontaneous crimes of passion things people just cant anticipate. Barring lazyness The police still aren't psychic they need intel from common folk to be able to anticipate crimes like these.
This leads to another point surveylance, sure cameras and hidden microphone can help but who dictates when to draw the line- like phone calls and emails and other modes of coversation we prefer to think are private? This requires alot of trust by the public to work effectively and more than likely the majority of the public wont want any major privacy infringements even if it is for their own good.
Death warrants and bounty hunters, know criminals can be caught or killed by paid professionals to maintian order. People already have a problem with this, since the goal is to lessen the number of deaths and danger to the public. And some would argue of the nessesity of accountability by the persons doing this. There would be more public outrage because of the immunity of these people, it hard enough for police to shoot a suspect or wanted man and get away with it.
Another option is what they had where the soldier was shot.. jus read the paper people not willing to have that either. There is no pleasing people either they help or they allow more interference in thier daily lives..

I like the idea of implementing back the death penality... and stiffer penality for minor crimes.... even the lawyers who represents the criminals have a role to play........ Money drives people crazy

ok sry for ignoring what was said before but i believe that there is no solution for crime....you could lower it but not completely solve.

*What we need are sum seriously intense raids throughout the whole of Trinidad adn Tobago.....anything looking suspicious police and army should be swooping down on it immediately.

*Areas with High known criminal activities like Lavantille etc should be raided like every week,

*Have army men marching through there..>FCUK POLICE BRUTALITY....yuh hadda be doin sumthing suspicious to be caught rite.....wen police tell yuh go inside listen...if yuh dont das your problem.

*Its a bit too late to start giving lixx again in primary school cuz as soon as the child get hit a teacher probably gon get kill.

*Public HANGINGS and stonings...the govt sticking with this...show them idiots wah go happen if dey do sumthing bad...make examples...i really doh care how brutal this may sound

*Get rid of this PNM/UNC bullshit.....no known political party in Trinidad can seriously handle this country. Panday an Manning does only show dey face wen they arguin like lil chirren an then run bak an hide in dey big house. (Why d mudda skunt Panday not in Jail???...Why d ras Manning is d PM now???)

*Set curfews......anyone outside after a certain time without good reason will be taken in for the night and held in a temporary cell

*We need coast guard patrols all around the 2 islands to stop the gun/drug trade

Honestly....I can see none of the things mentioned happening anytime soon in this country....all we can do iz pray that these so called gangs kill out eachother with little innocent blood spilt

Am seriously public hangings is the only thing i have a problem with. Not that i dont support hanging i mean if it is the law its the law but some people would actually like that kind of death sport some sickos get high of watching people die. Executions open to the public might be a better wording, so only people who want to see would see, and i wont get scarred for life. Like you said FKK the polic army brutality lol. Criminals getting roughed up and complianing lol Forget them the people they rob and kill had to take it so what is the problem for them.
Everything you said like everything i said before still dependant on the blasted public to suck it up. It is a war, the public should act like its one.

I still believe in Trinidad being on total lock down just fro the while, Guys do you not know that Tobago hardly has any murders and kidnapping why is it most rampant in Trinidad ever taught about it

we all kno that teh police can t really stop crime...they can lessen it to an extent and ensure conviction but to lessen crime we need stiffer penalties....
penalties thas very harsh!!!!!!!!!! that way its gonna make ppl tink twice...
we need to modernise teh police training system....as well as we shud let the idiots in higher auth know that they are there to do wat teh popualtions wants dem to do

admin said:
I got some ideas its so common sense and so simple and i'm sure some of these could make a difference
1. Do undercover work- let the police dress and as normal people and scope out the area(obvious if criminals
see big police mark across one's chest and you driving a blue van with police what you thing will happen they will run duh)

2.Let some of the female officers act as normal people traveling home late at night in crime prone areas.

3.Put tracking devices on the money when kidnappers collect the money.

4.Put undercover stations like police acting undercover again living in crime prone areas

These are just some ideas simple and yet i find it could be very effective
What are yours?
OK dats all good but how abt we start from d top and get rid ah all d ppl in haigh place dat we need to kick out ah those places

this country was founded and developed based on corruption...its not as easy it may sound....
as far as i see...trinidadians are very much happy with the way the system is workin so y d fack will they change it??
ohh seein meh cousin dead on d ground on new is small ting!!!!!! :ugeek:

Yeah we replace the current institution with what? If we try to hard we just might get a more evil one. I dont make too much fuss cuz i'm constantly reminded that it can be worse than it already is. I does get frighten when people want to change that drastically. Thats because i see so few positive alteratives to things like the current goverment or police or whoever. When people call for change they should be contributing to it not just appointing another person and hoping it would be better. If only people were easier to read then i'd have more faith in thier ability to do good but Trinidad politics just too full of propaganda to know peoples true intentions... i know its pretty negative its just me being paranoid again.
If only good people had more influence in this country. If only less people were numb to this.

ok well Trinidad in a mess ! what i would suggest is NO MORE BLIMPS OR ANACONDA OR SWATT..........de blimp solve anything? If they have such programs as the Anaconda or SWATT, then they should be able to arrest people, Did you know under the Trinidad and Tobago Law, they have no right or legal power to arrest anybody? Wat is the sense of these programs then? I say hang all criminals! It work before so why can't it work again? And another thing GET RID OFF ALL THEM CORRUPT POLICE OFFICERS FROM THE SERVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok i done :mrgreen:

Yes but how will you determine who are corrupt or not? See for me i find the minister of security is to laid back and only get money for crappy work. I don't think he's serious about crime because he's only wasting our money and gaining at the same time with no effect. Put hashing laws omg simply as that, punish police officers for lack of work man duty, Run solders all over the high crime areas. not in one area only do you think crime stays one place no and its all over Indian, African,whites(they are the worst how you think buying the guns) every creed has taken so part of crime.

Also did you know a soldier has no right nor legal power to stop or question anybody? But Trinidadians don't know this, Just as much as a police officer can NOT tell a person to pull out their tint on their cars, they have no legal power, ONLY a License officer has the right to tell a person to do so! Again, Manning just needs to allow certain people a lil more power so that they could work efficently together to curd this social disturbance we know as crime!!!!!!!!!!

As i said they jokey about crime if they were serious i would step up yes the economy is growing but if every one is getting murdered what should you care about more the growth of economy or the people

you know that crime have both positive and negative effects on our society? The positive part of it is that it helps to balance off society and it also give people who can not afford for themselves a way to get what is neccessary for them to have what is considered a "normal" lifestyle. Our country needs to step up and create more job opportunities and more educational opportunities for these people. I know that they are a couple of trades that they have created but think about this , everybody going and learning this particular trade then in a couple of years the place would be over populated with people who attain the same skills and what will they do then? well the goverment need to think of all this because it is a major factor that contribute to the crime problem in T&T....

Nope i don't think so the mentality of a trini is to dam lazy. They are so much jobs their so much even if you don't have subjects you can still finds something like construction. And for the criminals who are thinking that they can't get jobs who do you think caused that if you are a dam trouble maker who the hell will hire you.

Back