Animal Cruelty

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Hmmm....I know exactly what you're talking about. My neighbour used to be like that as well. I went over and told my friend (his son) that if they didn't want the EIGHT puppies that their female dog had, I would organise homes for them. I see how they used to treat their dog when she was younger, before she could go around and get food for herself, so I wasn't going to let that happen to the little puppies.

Thankfully, everybody wanted the pups and when they got old enough, we give all of them to good homes. At least they wouldn't have to suffer like their mother did.

That very good of you TFM, I hope more people are like you. It does still have people training dogs to fight and they beat them, it totally sick

It isn't as hard as some people may think. Many people want puppies, you just need to get the word out, and it does help when you talk to owners. Sometimes they don't know, or the guilt or embarrassment forces them to treat their pets better.

i know of dis man who rear sheep an he make sad everyday..d sheep r not looked after as dey should...d lamb is left alone hungry whilke d mother jumps out d pen for feed an can't get bk in to her kid..gosh man fix ur pen to suit...it's ah life yuh playin wit!!!

Peterson "Zion" Sanchez 64 yrs from St Ann's in an area known as "The Spring".....wept uncontrollably as he viewed the bodies of the animals....12 of his dogs were poisoned..... a man who is well-known in the area was seen minutes before placing cans of sardines for the dogs to eat......5 mins later the dogs were frothing from the mouths....an in mins later dey were were all dead......Sanchez would rescue stray dogs and care for them with donations he received from members of the community. He also created a refuge for the dogs......Sanchez said even if he did not get justice through the justice system, he was confident that the man responsible for killing his pets would eventually face judgement before God.......
does it hav laws in trinidad for case of cruelty to dumb animals????

I do not support animal cruelty, if an animal is not attacking then there is no point in torturing the animal.

Too much animals are suffering and it hurts me to know that here are hungry and drying and everyone just passes them straight.... its also hurts to know in China they are doing animal testing on them and its like no one is there to stand up to them and say stop! why ???

We don't have any animals cruelty laws in Trinidad and Tobago to prevent animal abuse. I think for us as a Government and as a people if we are thinking our country can become a developed or a first world country we must adopt these laws first. Our mentality for animals are too poor.

yes i know of alot of non profit orgs out there but its the funding they need to help these animals ..forget d govt them ain't doing a fart about this

if the government cant put a solid dent on crime whats for animal cruelty ? we have no hope atall !

kingfish said:
if the government cant put a solid dent on crime whats for animal cruelty ? we have no hope atall !

True our government lacks basic foundation for these laws. Animals are like vagrants in this country - no one gives a damn! The only people i see that are making a chance is the non-governmental organizations and i really give them kudos for that. I love animals and wish that we had a law for animal cruelty. Seeing people kill cats and kicking dogs etc isn't right because its a life , it feels and it have a soul ..They deserve attention and we need to stand up for them because they don't have a voice !

When will the Government add Laws to penalize people for Animal Cruelty. If a person can harm an animal could you imagine what he/she can do to a human.

Like Candy. I cry all the time for animal cruelty, but in Trinidad like everything else, the police service dont take animal cruelty serious. Dont talk about the stray population its overwhelming and all the animal shelters are packed to capacity, is so much they can do. I try my best to do my part. But my heart breaks everyday.

Like Candy. I cry all the time for animal cruelty, but in Trinidad like everything else, the police service dont take animal cruelty serious. Dont talk about the stray population its overwhelming and all the animal shelters are packed to capacity, is so much they can do. I try my best to do my part. But my heart breaks everyday.
Yes exactly, in this country we are so backwards in animal rights and prosecuting people for ill treating animals. The police is a waste of time as usual.

Back