You Know You're A Trini When......

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Shadowhunter

LV

You've driven on at least one road with more potholes than actual smooth road.

You can't talk without your hands.

This is what you call soda:

s-SELTZER-S-CLUB-SODA-large.jpg

Most of the cuss words/phrases you know begin with "yuh mudda..."

hahahahha I love this thread.

You know you're a Trini when you curse at the man driving next to you because he gave you a bad drive.

You know you're a Trini when you drive on the wrong side of an entire road because WASA dug up the road.

Hahahaa when your diet is overpowered by curry, stew, fried, or bbq foods.

You or someone you know has had dengue fever and/or chikV.

You have candles or flashlights in your house because you know current can go any day, at any time.

You know yuh is a trini when yuh could turn anything into a lime.
....... and when yuh say lime yuh mean to hang out with friends.

When you're not surprised to see cloudy white or brown water come through the faucet.

When cooking is considered to be enough of a "thing" to invite people over to lime.

When you've eaten/seen/made a roti bigger than a car tire.

You know you're a true trini when chow is the best snack you could ask for and you could eat it any day, any time.(at least for me)

lol true!!! Can't remember the last time I had some good chow!

You know you're a Trini when ketchup and pepper can go with almost anything.

When this is not eggplant or aubergine, but baigan:
40800-Aubergine.jpg

When you've heard someone refer to mashed potatoes as "aloo chokha".

When bar hopping is a family activity.

When you know the difference between peppersauce and hot sauce.

You know you're a Trini when the best river cook comprises of either Rice or dumplings.

You know you is ah Trini when you know:

not to expect water in yuh pipe everyday
new road means WASA coming to dig it up tomorrow
your capital city does flood more than Barrackpore
it have a bar around every corner

lol! when the public generally acknowledges the water authority as "We Are Sorry Again"

When the main three ways of celebrating an occasion is fireworks, prayers, or drinking/feting.

When firecrackers are supposed to be illegal but you see them selling out in the open, almost anywhere you go anyway

When Ministry officials can drink, wine, and fete openly ;)

When teachers break class more often that the students do

When nobody is surprised to see any employee parked up and drinking in a bar directly opposite or next to their workplace during work hours.

You know you belong to the red, white and black flag when:

Chlorine in yuh water burning yuh eyes and making your skin sticky LOL.

Yuh water coming Brown in the pipe whole day and Wasa doh care.

yuh know yuh trini when all yuh blue band butter container smelling like curry xD

lol

When as a child you stole spoonfuls of dairy dairy milk powder, milo, and/or condensed milk when no one was watching lol

Whattttt that's one awesome mom! I would wake frequently in the night to drink water and eat. Most of the time I would drink straight from a can of condensed milk (eww I know lol). Later on I met some relatives who taught me about filling a tall cup with a mix of powder milk, milo, and sugar. We held contests to see who could wake the longest and keep sneaking back cups full of the goods until we fell asleep lol I have no idea how none of us ended up with diabetes!

You know you're a Trini when you can make chow out of anything.

You must know you from the land when any type of event could be made into ah "lime".

When you do a double take if someone tries to write the way we actually speak lol

LOL You know you're a trini when:

You can mock other accents but others can't mock yours easily.

Back