Who Likes Sound Quality?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Calling all SQ lovers. This is the thread to discuss any and all things Sound Quality related.

Personally I like front staged and flat frequency response to hear the finer details in the music. I like using higher quality music tracks to gain the benefit of having a nice budget SQ system with no rear speakers.

I have installed a few SQ systems for myself and friends. I'm not an installer but merely a hobbyist and I thought this would be a great place to link with fellow SQ lovers alike.

Future Budget SQ enthusiast here just in for the info. My car only has four door speaker (front and back). Hoping to upgrade to four better speakers, subwoofer and possibly tweeters once I could fit everything in the car without making it noticeable. Also want to upgrade to a double din deck with rear camera and bluetooth capabilities one time. Any recommendations?

Future Budget SQ enthusiast here just in for the info. My car only has four door speaker (front and back). Hoping to upgrade to four better speakers, subwoofer and possibly tweeters once I could fit everything in the car without making it noticeable. Also want to upgrade to a double din deck with rear camera and bluetooth capabilities one time. Any recommendations?
Can't give/tell you an exact model number but some of the Pioneer double din decks offer all that you are looking for. Rear camera input, bluetooth and even USB.

Pioneer x2700Bs, x4700bs are my two personal favorites. These units have network mode with 3 way crossovers to setup the Sq system you want and it 13 band eqs with time alignment which is a must for any Sq setup. Rear cam, front cam on the x4700, USB, Bluetooth all built in.
Consider running no rear speakers because it will pull the stage back and ruin the detail due to cancellation if not done properly. It also wouldn't make any sense if you want just pure Sq as possible.

Tweeters are a must with Sq. You will need to play with positions to see if you like them on axis, off axis, on the A pillar, sail panel, etc... My two favorite spots are a pillars and sail panels because theyre easy to access and most of the time one or the two provide the sound im looking for while retaining a level of stock look.

Personally id recommend Hybrid Audio Imagine components, Focal Access, Morel Tempo, Hertz HSK isnt bad, DD CS6.5, DD BC6.5 and theres a German set that is equivalent to 2 sets of the Cs, that I recommend highly.

Sub wise you need tight accurare bass to blend with the front stage. There are Sq marketed subs but they are not so easy to come by in Trinidad so that one you will need to decide out of whats available. I personally chose the DD 500 8" series and crossed over at 63hz at -12db via an old model pioneer double din unit, it works nicely with tons of head room even though im feeding it a solid 550w rms.

You will need a nice class a/B amp to run your mids and highs and if doing just fronts alone for pure front stage you may need a 4 channel to run the tweeters and woofers active to have total control over them to get the best sound.

Bass wise youll be able to decide when you choose the sub. I think infinity / jbl are the same and very Sq oriented subs able to handle a bit of power.

Hope that helps, I've done a few front staged systems with no rear speakers and the results have been great. I don't have the money even at budget level to run active processing yet but even so the results aren't bad with passive crossovers.

That's some really good info there. I really like nice clean look of the infinity subs. If I could work it into my system I definitely will. Since I am looking for maximum trunk space I would rather the 8" but if the box for the 10" isn't much bigger and it is available then I might won't mind that upgrade.

I was already look at the pioneer decks as well. They all seem to have more features than I would ever use to the only thing that really sets them apart for me is screen resolution as all of the other features are present

As for everything else, I am a complete newbie.

The Infinity will surely work. Id say go with a 10 and tune it low. I can help you to learn a bit more when you're ready.

You need a specific radio with Sq oriented features so that really narrows down your options.

lol tweeters are not always need in sq lol it just depends from the applications, sit down in cars that come with bose from the factory lol and you go learn sumn but the engieery they used cant be reproduce hence where the tweeters come in when piecing together a music set up

lol tweeters are not always need in sq lol it just depends from the applications, sit down in cars that come with bose from the factory lol and you go learn sumn but the engieery they used cant be reproduce hence where the tweeters come in when piecing together a music set up

I've been in cars with Bose before, I'm not impressed. What I look for is razor sharp, front stage, the cars with Bose I've been in don't have that, they have sound all round. I looking for up to a 20khz response pretty flat, the surround sound systems don't do that, they just offer surround sound and really doesn't put instruments on a stage taht you feel/virtually touch.

I'd like for you to listen to a properly setup Hybrid Audio Legatia 3 way system. Nothing Bose produces could near a properly setup SQ system. Bose is highly overpriced for what they offer.

In my eyes, Bose isn't popular among SQ enthusiasts for a reason. I won't get into it.

So what are some good radios? The pioneer 4xxx series wont work?

Anything with the features you want + time alignment and at least a 2 way crossover LPF/HPF is what you'd want.

I'm not sure which 4 series you mean, the DEH-X?

lol bose cant be used by yall because it uses active noise cancellation which many people cannot reproduce even if they try lol you ever see the bose truck for carnival??? you would say different if you hear how its set up lolo.... and lol just they dont make speakers separate for cars and the price not that bad for what you are being offered

Last edited:
lol bose cant be used by yall because it uses active noise cancellation which many people cannot reproduce even if they try lol you ever see the bose truck for carnival??? you would say different if you hear how its set up lolo.... and lol just they dont make speakers separate for cars and the price not that bad for what you are being offered

I won't change my mind bro, I just have different views about it. The active noise cancellation is great, its a wonderful feature but a bose truck for carnival cannot compare to a world class in car sq listening experience. Its two totally different things. Pure SQ is what Bose isn't known for, they're heavily known for the noise cancellation and decent OEM speaker systems.

Just take a look around Sound Quality forums and you'll see why its not a choice for SQ Purists.

The cancellation is what makes the headphones great, I know that but in a car that really isn't worth it when the car is properly sound deadened all over to deal with rattles and dead zones. Not just stick n peel but acoustic foam behind panels, etc...

Now if is carnival truck you talking about vs we local loud men well yeah I want to hear that and I know it gonna sound very good without a doubt.

hahaha i understand your view and it will take to long for me to explain the system....lol yea the truck is real thought out and i cant tell you anymore lol but bose speakers are main separated into pro and hifi......and if you was around or i had know you them time i would ah call you to hear the line arrays when it was being tested and tweeted lol

See I don't even know what Line Arrays are 100% lol. I'm just purely into SQ . Honestly though, I would like to hear that truck and I would love to see it blast away we local loud men with they untune mids and highs who feel they soundin rel boss.

lol thats why im saying the normal speakers you get exposed from yall are usally the hifi stuff for homes..the prostuff we used in stadiums and as well as churches...the set up in naprima bowl is bose also lol, trincity mall the speakers in the food court by the cinema is bose lol next time you go watch it

lol thats why im saying the normal speakers you get exposed from yall are usally the hifi stuff for homes..the prostuff we used in stadiums and as well as churches...the set up in naprima bowl is bose also lol, trincity mall the speakers in the food court by the cinema is bose lol next time you go watch it

Nah I'm a car audio SQ guy, all the brands I know and come to love have years of engineering behind them specifically to generate SQ in the complexed car environment, I don't know if I'd call them hi-fi because they're something else when setup properly and have been used very professionally to win world class SQ events even when you consider that some of them like Hybrid have been born out of the competition competitors who know whats necessary to win an SQ event.

Pro audio I'm not into. That's not my thing really. I do like it though.That is for good crowds but cannot really compare with in car SQ. It's a different thing all together to setup for both.

I really won't talk about stadiums, churches, etc... That's something totally different. I'm a car audio SQ purist where the attempt is to "hide" the electronics and create a studio like experience.

Right now I have the DEH-X4700 (single din)

I was looking to upgrade to something like the AVH-X4500 (Double din with dvd player)

Right now I have the DEH-X4700 (single din)

I was looking to upgrade to something like the AVH-X4500 (Double din with dvd player)

The AVH-X4700 or the AVH-X2700BS would be better suited for in car SQ though. You don't have to have time alignment but it delays the sound from each individual speaker so it reaches your ears at the same time, eliminating the left/right bias that you get from sitting on one side of the car.

Any unit will work its just you may not get the SQ oriented features which do detract from the quality. I sometimes feel to buy a unit with time alignment just so that I don't suffer with a right hand bias of hearing my right speaker louder than my left.

if you buying double din make sure and get one of the pioneer that have carplay or the android play thing one time since you will be spending plenty money lol

if you buying double din make sure and get one of the pioneer that have carplay or the android play thing one time since you will be spending plenty money lol
Good talk there. Mirror Link is a must too. I think the X2700 and 4700 have it. Dude if you want, send me a PM and I can give you a contact for the X2700 I saw that has it for a good price.

Back