Which do you think is the best AntiVirus?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Which do you think is the best AntiVirus?

• Kaspersky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • McAfee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nortorn

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • AVG

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Avast

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • F-Secure, PCTools, Webroot, Panda or Other

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
I have notice a lot of threads about which is the best anti virus software, so I decided to make a a poll for all people indecisive. I personally have done much research, and have found these three listed below to be the best. I have tried Avast, Nod32, Kaspersky, Norton and McAfee. For those who love Avast, be aware it generates tons of false positive and do not trust that anything labeled "Trojan-gen" is really a virus. However, in my opinion, the best for the money is BitDefender. Please vote on what you think is the best. For the integridy of this poll, please do not limit your answers to prices, rumors or limited experience. Please do not vote if you have not tried more than one AV. Consider the effectiveness of the scanner, how many features and the impact of system resources. A good AV must have a balance of each. I hope this will help those looking for a new AV. Thanks for voting!
1) Kaspersky - Was amazing in all aspects. (Requires some basic configuration)
2) BitDefender - Created some additional load on the PC, but with a good scanner.
3) Eset Nod32 - Was extreamly light on resources but not very good scanning engine.
(Great install and forget solution, has very good heuristics)

Lol reason why it have other i never even heard about that one i only mention the major Anti Virus programs

admin said:
Lol reason why it have other i never even heard about that one i only mention the major Anti Virus programs

You never heard about....wa the...

Dawg try it it's one of the best...

I will have to vote "öther"

Code:
http://www.avira.com/en/pages/index.php
thats the page but really i never heard about it i know the major ones and the best ones get reviews and awards but i never tried it so i can't say.

I never got a chance to use avira. I use avast mainly because its updates are not bulky. Avg's was too big and norton would tell me it got corrupted after downloading megabytes of.. something. Nod32 was ok but i dont like trails lol. It did scan archived files.. i like that. Avast is my best friend lol. They have some decent skins and enough configurability. The file backup thing is pretty decent too. Bootscan is the best.

In my opinion, in computer world as in real life, there is no such thing as a universal cure for a virus. Also, to ensure protection to your computer you have to pay a price(and I'm not referring to the cost of the product!) that could be the slow dawn of the computer, or not being effective with some viruses, but being efficient with most of them and permitting the computer to do its tasks undisturbed.

What's the best anti-virus solution for your computer?I don't know!That depends on so many aspects(that can be objective, like the configuration of your computer or subjective, like what I more important to me, the protection or the speed). I personally have tries some anti-virus solutions along the years, of course that I preferred the free ones at first. But, in my opinion, those only create an illusion of protection, because when I want some advanced feature they ask me to go to the next level...to pay for it!!!That's pretty much annoying, because I need those features and they are not free as told!!!

I realized that I need a good anti-virus solution(and I became willing to pay for it!) when my computer had some very weird issues(the microsoft server seemed to be down for 2 months!!!) and I found out that my computer might be infected with the feared Conficker. My friends told me I should buy Norton or Kasperky, but I found out that BitDefender had developed a free tool against the Conficker and I was very pleased to see that it solved my problem within 4 minutes!!!
Then I said to myself:"I should try this anti-virus solution!"(I used BitDefender before, but not the 2009 version!).I first tried the free module(for 30 days) and I was happy with the way my computer worked.Now I'm using BitDefender Internet Security 2009 and I'm pretty satisfied with it.
I'm expecting with a lot of interest the BitDefender 2010 version(they say it's better) as I heard I can upgrade my 2009 version with the same license key.

Sorry if I bored you with my story, but the story needed to be told. In conclusion, BitDefender is the most suited anti-virus solution for my computer's security need.

avg is excellent ....

ive been using it for over 10 years ...

norton and mcafee sucks BIG TIME !!!

you guys should check out Microsoft Security Essentials, its pretty good for being free :p info. yea norton u can update offline pc's too, lolz

But ummmm admin, you talked about ESET, yed I don't see it in the polling choices??

ESET is the best hands down!

Norton and McAfee use up all my resources.
AVG deletes all the cracks I have for my apps and games :mad:
Kaspersky keeps getting their databases hacked.
BitDefender, used it once and was a bit too slow for my liking.
Avast/Avira/F Secure/Panda(the worsT)/Norman/ - FAIL

ESET is the only choice imo, I even bought legit licenses for it. ;)

i like e-smart security although you never mentioned it but over all AVG Covers it all for me. It does everything for me so i doh even have to check up on it . Its kool for a girl like me

i usin avast and i find its gud for me bcuz i doh really connect to the net so much because i have dial up but sometimes it can be annoying everytime i start up my pc and always with these scans and results.

Back