What Oils are you Using?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

What oil is everyone using in their vehicle?

Engine: Shell HX-7

Transmission: Toyota WS*Cannot remember exact oil.

Transfer Case, Front and Rear Differentials: Valvoline High Performance 80w-90 LSD oil for all hypoid diffs.

My vehicle most likely came with Castrol in the diffs and transfer case from the factory and the Valvoline works just as well, there is no additional noises or problems with it. Very happy. The oil works excellent in the rear LSD and open front diff.

At the moment I'm using helix 20w50 in the block and np gear oil in the box. Reason for the np is that there's a leak and I don't wanna waste my money topping up belray. But it works very well I must say and I have no noise or hard shifting while using it. May keep using it anyway. In the corolla I had, I sold it with all total brand oil (full synthetic 20w50 and h5 transmission). Civic took np motor oil and transmission oil with no issues either.

Would like to try Mobil 1 Syntethic in the Sportage. It makes a lot of noise on cold start as does the rest of Tetha II 2.0s but someone has said the Mobil 1 Syntethic 5w 30 doesn't cause the noise.

Currently using Royal Purple 15w40 Signature Series in the engine of a CS Lancer and a Nissan B14. It is an extended life oil. Runs extremely smooth. After about 7000Kms, the car still feels as though I changed the oil yesterday.
Have tried Castrol Magnatec before and it was very sluggish in my opinion.
Amsoil 15w40 was very nice as well. Another extended life oil.

Transmission oil I use the Mitsubishi SPIII CVT oil.

Currently using Royal Purple 10w 30 for engine oil and I must say its an excellent engine oil.
Looking to change my transmission oils tomorrow to Red line D4, heard many great things about this fluid.

Currently using Royal Purple 15w40 Signature Series in the engine of a CS Lancer and a Nissan B14. It is an extended life oil. Runs extremely smooth. After about 7000Kms, the car still feels as though I changed the oil yesterday.

is this in the 4g93 /94gdi engine??? was considering to try out a royal purple product at my next oil change

Where do you get the Extended life Amsoil to buy locally? Have you used it yourself?

is this in the 4g93 /94gdi engine??? was considering to try out a royal purple product at my next oil change

Na bro. I have the 4G18 single cam.
The Royal Purple is really nice. A high detergency oil so it removes sludge. Expensive but when you factor in the extended change interval, it's worth it.

Na bro. I have the 4G18 single cam.
The Royal Purple is really nice. A high detergency oil so it removes sludge. Expensive but when you factor in the extended change interval, it's worth it.

From what I've gathered Royal Purple is a high detergency oil so its great for sludge removal but I don't have a very good experience using it, as well as someone I know as well so I'm glad it works for you.

My uncle uses Kendall in his 2.5 NA D22. He rates it well, said it stopped some excess smoking issues he was having.

Redline 10W40 in my car. Manual calls for 10W30 but says up to 20W50 can be used in high heat or extreme driving conditions. Been using the Redline for a year and about 17,000km so far. I change oil religiously at every 5,000km and filter every 10,000km. The oil always comes out pitch black but you can tell it still has a lot of viscosity. Redline says it's oils are designed to hold small particles in suspension, hence the reason why their oils turn so dark so quickly. No problems so far and the car runs just as smoothly before the oil change as after.

I also use the Redline 10W40 motorcycle oil in my bike and change every 5000km as well. Somewhere between 4200 and 4500 km you can feel the engine running a little rougher than usual, but nothing compared to when I was running maganatech before. If for some reason you keep the oil in past 7000 as I did once, you get some slipping of the clutch as the friction modifiers begin to break down. Recommended oil change interval is 7,000km but I also change that at 5000.

Currently using Castrol Magnatec 20W50. First 500kms or thereabout it felt very sluggish but now that it was been 'broken down' a bit I guess, it feels quite ok now. However, it makes the 4G18 engine in my lancer idle very noisy.

Back