Violence on TV/music lyrics

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Do you think that the increasing prevalence of violence on TV and in the lyrics of popular music has contributed significantly to the increase in violent crimes on our streets, in our homes and in our schools?

Yes and no. Yes, some songs make it cool to be violent and discriminate against other groups or encourage certain habits to develop but these songs aren't physically forcing these kids to act out. Other people listen to these songs and still live productive lives. They're simply acting out because they get away with it. Of course, that is just my opinion.

It shouldn't but some people are going to use them as scapegoats for their behavior. I reject that thought process completely.

Erm i 100% agree every tv show every song influence people. Especially this GAZA GULLY thing of course and also what they watch on tv eg. the music videos contribute alot . the reason why i believe this is because i have too many boys i know (not calling names) that follow this kinda behaviour

Back