Vehicle Maintenance

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
idle issues but I sort it out alrdy ah think lol change my maf sensor and guess I will buy some cleaner and clean out the one I took out lol

Last edited:
nun from when I checked but as soon as I change the maf and went for a drive under the same conditions no problems so guessing was that well will see if I was correct later today lol

nun from when I checked but as soon as I change the maf and went for a drive under the same conditions no problems so guessing was that well will see if I was correct later today lol

Doh forget the ecu relearn time though. Battery out for a bit should help that.

yea the ecu made adjustments already hahaha what i think was going on there was a lil wrong reading going on by it......next agenda tho is to change my coolant out to a good brand...

yea the ecu made adjustments already hahaha what i think was going on there was a lil wrong reading going on by it......next agenda tho is to change my coolant out to a good brand...

You use traditional Glycol or P-OAT?

Lmao I can't tell you how much time I clean the MAF, the gasket got hard from all the cleaner and the MAF still works like new after cleaning.

So I've been told that the glycol based coolants in our climate actually help to induce oxidation in our aluminium heads causing many of the overheating issues faced. Can anyone confirm?

So I've been told that the glycol based coolants in our climate actually help to induce oxidation in our aluminium heads causing many of the overheating issues faced. Can anyone confirm?

Would Glycoshell count as a glycol based coolant? If it will, then I have to say not really. After a few years of having Glycoshell in an aluminum head, it was still perfectly green and there was no rust what so ever in the radiator.

gly based last set I used was the np concentrated and mix it myself but will go back to buying alresdy mixed coolant lol

gly based last set I used was the np concentrated and mix it myself but will go back to buying alresdy mixed coolant lol

Keep an empty gallon of the premix container so in the future you can use it to mix the concentrate 50/50.

Back