USB 3.0

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Wyspa

LV

Hey spicians, guess what?? USB 3.0 is almost ready to be launched. At the upcoming Intel Forum, the new USB standard will be demoed. USB 3.0 which is being referred to as SuperSpeed USB, tranfers data 10x faster than the current USB 2.0 rate. USB 2.0 transfer rate is 480Mbps (mega-bits per second) , USB 3.0 transfers at 480 x 10= 4800Mbps. Wow!!! that's insane speed. Later this year products will begin shipping with the new standard. A laptop is carded, a motherboard and a prototype camera that shoots videos in full HD 1080p to name a few. The specification was developed by Intel, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, NEC, ST-Ericsson, and Texas Instruments. read more here: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10355 ... =mncol;txt

That will be wicked speeds but will the computer be about to support such speeds, i mean the rate at which the processor can access the hard drive will be alot less than this. Because the system will have to buffer and read the data so.....

Yea i saw the usb 3.0 webcam its sick, captures in hd and Xfers the the uncompressed 1080p video to the pc to do the encode. Sweet. That is prob the most crisp vid eva lol. 480p sucks btw USB 3.0 Camera Link

f_i8dlm_5c74eb4.jpg

The image above is owned by Point Gray

Back