Turtle Watching should be restricted now

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

kingfish

LV

Look at these people how they touching and surrounding the poor turtle people have no shame and concern for these creatures i strongly believe that people should be restricted from going turtle watching now.
This is the person's profile

Look at the crowd of people !!!!! The turtles have no privacy... I stand with u Kingfish, they should restrict turtle watching....

that's a shame, and the authority isnt doing anything??? wow it really does have some wild and senseless people these days just freakin hardheaded!!!

Someone should send them a message along with this topic link showing them that their actions calls for alertness

I feel very distured reading this post....how can someone have the guts during pregnancy time for the animals to treat them inhumanely. This goes to show you the true mentality we have in this country. how no one cares for the environment and they dont care how cruel this country is becomming

I was reading the picture comments in the profile and i'm totally disgusted by these people, i wish these creatures has some venomous fangs or something like that, you tell me if that was so would these foolish people do what they are doing no its a helpless creature and that what they deemed to take advantage of it

i wish if one of the turtles caught someone's finger in their mouth well it wasnot coming out anyway lol

THOUSANDS of leatherback hatchlings were crushed to death at the weekend as the Ministry of Works used excavators to redirect the Grande Riviere River, at the north east coast
The Ministry had been called in when the river, running west, eroded most of the beach front, threatening the stability of several homes and hotels.
The community was horrified, though, when excavation work began Saturday without their knowledge on what is the most nest-intensive part of the beach.
Among those buildings under threat was the Mt Plaisir Estate Restaurant and Hotel, the most popular tourist accommodation during turtle nesting season.

The ministry of tourism , EMA and wildlife authorities should be involved in this, proper planing especially in areas where these animals lay their eggs. Its the kinda of backward thinking that we Trini's have as a government and as a people to allow these heartless things to happen.

i cannot believe this . r.i.p to those little guys i can just imagine how this gunna affect the world in the long run.they might be more extinct now :(

Just now again is turtle watching season i really hope that the government implement strict measures to ensure these turtles are safe from people and people are safe from bandits !

Any time i get any pictures of people standing or taking advantage of these creatures i will post them up here for everyone too see, people have no right to harm these wonderful creatures and the law should do more to penalize people of commit these acts.

$29m for turtle conservation....
Over the next four years, over $29 million will be disbursed to conservation bodies, following the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the government and groups such as the Turtle Village Trust......The agreement was signed at the Turtle Village Trust Visitors' Centre in Valencia......Local conservation groups have over the years been hailed internationally for their efforts to preserve the critically endangered marine reptiles....Trinidad boasts some of the world's densest nesting sites and has struggled to protect the animals from poachers, gill nets and beach encroachment by buildings, to name a few.....Manzanilla is currently being considered by the Environmental Management Authority (EMA) for selection as a sensitive area during the season.....Visitors are not allowed on the beach without a permit during nesting time...Permits are only available through branches of the Forestry Division.....
Turtle Village Trust president, Dr Allan Bachan, said turtle-watching, a huge international tourist draw, has the potential to surpass Carnival in economic viability......A large percentage of residents in 'turtle watching' areas like Grande Riviere and Matura depend financially on this particular resource......

Nice ! There was an incident where some cars the "Minis" had a drive about where they drove on the sand of a popular beach known for Turtle nesting ..Lets just say things didn't end nice and they had to release an apology ! ..They should of been fined!

Back