Trinimotors Bikers Introductions

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

The Dude

LV

I'm clearly first to this party so I'll get this started. Over the next few weeks I shall be posting videos and articles (some written by myself) about things that I think every biker should know to get the most out of riding. It would be great to get the opinions of other bikers as well so go ahead and drop in whenever you are ready.

All bikers are welcomed to introduce themselves (and their bikes) below. All prospective/ future bikers feel free to introduce yourselves as well and have a look around. Don't be shy to ask for information on anything that you aren't too clear on. All non-bikers, come and see what bikelife is all about.

Name: Jahleel A.K.A. "G" (You don't have to use your real name)
Bike: 1999 CBR 600F4
Bikename: Phantom

59MU8ED.jpg

Sadly that's how it used to look at the beginning of the year. I had a few small accidents recently so the paint job is a bit scratched up. I'm going to buy a new set of fairing so that I can bring the bike back to look like new before I sell to upgrade.

Bro that is one sweet bike. The color and the cleanliness bring it to life.

K&N sticker looks good too.

so what cc would you recommend for a person to start off on as they now get their moto license??? learn handling on scooter and then upgrade lol??

The small front wheel of a scooter makes it handle very differently to a motorbike. First time I jumped on one I almost fell, but they are extremely fun.

I would always recommend on starting on anything between 125cc to 250cc. Anything less and you risk getting bored of it within the month. Most 125-250cc bikes max out between 120kmph to 140kmph. They are also a lot lighter and easier to handle than many bigger bikes. Some bikes like the honda cbr600rr are just insanely easy to handle for anyone.

However, the main reason for starting on a smaller bike is to get accustomed to the power and control.

Many people start on a 600cc or even a 1000cc bike and do fine but look at the fatal accidents we had for the year so far. All were from novices on 600cc bikes. (Pilot on cbr 600 for new years in maracas, Alex Atherton on an R6, Jevorn just last week on my friend's old CBR 600 that he bought just the week before). Bigger bikes are not forgiving. If you twist the throttle on a 600 by mistake it will accelerate like mashing the gas in a subaru wrx (left one at the lights already, lol).

With my old 250cc I made loads of mistakes because I was always pushing myself. I got in a few accidents but was able to get up after each one because on the limited power on the bike.

The second reason now is control. With smaller bike you can turn by using the handle bars no matter what speed you are going. However, you should start learning to countersteer before upgrading. On a bigger bike, you cannot turn your bike at anything above 160kmph without countersteering. You would need to use all of your strength and bodyweight just to switch lanes at that speed.

Oh and lastly, a smaller bike is way cheaper to fix and maintain. You don't want to drop a bike that you really like. Used small bikes are the best to start on

good points there lol cause i see some people with bikes going extremely fast knowing that its them and the road should anything should play off lol

yea i see a man going fast around valysn and i like that is rell belly thing not me nah...as the dude say accidents on them bigger bikes not forgiving lol

Hey guys .. nice to be here. i am a bikers fan but mostly into dirt bikes as my family had an old model Yamaha that we used to practice on. Nice to be here. Looking forward to being educated more about the various types and models of bikes.

Nice to have you on board. I hope to get into trail riding some time. You can't really ramp a road bike.

Hey guys .. nice to be here. i am a bikers fan but mostly into dirt bikes as my family had an old model Yamaha that we used to practice on. Nice to be here. Looking forward to being educated more about the various types and models of bikes.

I was planning to upload this after I finished my "Choosing the Right Gear" series, but since you asked for it so nicely :angel:

https://www.RealTrini.com/forum/1250-types-of-motorcycles.html#post14791

It's a very brief summary of the different types of motorcycles.

dude serious question here...alya dont fraid them small stones that sometimes get pitch up by cars lol as ive seen some rides without out jackets and stuff making numbers on the highway lol

The main thing is to make sure you have adequate face protection. The visor on my helmet is covered in small scratches from debris that flicks up. Trucks are a bigger problem than cars though. Especially dump trucks and those big flatbed trucks just after they offload some pallets of bricks. Also, if you riding behind a bike that has on a sport tire in the back you will get gravel in your face.

If you ride without any protection though you will definitely get some small scrapes from those things at high speeds.

yea was wondering nah as i drive a car lol and got hit by a tiny stone on my face on the highway lol and it hurt like hell aahaha and almost phased me a little bit...thanks for the answer tho

Thats something too, Dude how do you all cope with trucks dropping dirty sand water?

lmao think they will pass that fast enough before they get caught up lol thy thing to vex man lmao

Back