Trinidad in the old time days, Pictures included

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Have you ever seen Trinidad when their were trains and when the country was still ruled by England, i'm placing up some pictures of the old times days in Trindad so please share you comments

Hey surprising no-one has posted anything on this thread before. I've always been curious about Trinidad back in those times. Where can I see more pictures like these?

I don't know its hard to see these kinda of pics its rare but maybe Any history museum

Look and there's the salmon tree by the savannah. i think its so amusing to see these wonderful sights evolve into how it is today. I wish we really had back the train system thou

de train looking like it have no windows....road looks so smooth.....and clean

I remember my father said he rode the train from Rio Claro /Tabaquite to POS.... It was kinda fast....Three hours

This goes to show you how long we had that salmon tree for. Its truly amazing to see these wondeful sights. it does just go to show you how technology have developed and how much we have developed

Omg this is very kool to see. it have a book in the Port Of Spain Library with pictures from long ago and the bicycles and horse-carriers and wodden forts. its really kool to see yall must check it out

Wow this thing is huge. i never knew that it had one in tabaquite. In longdenville it have many train tracks that you can see. I also have one whole street that still have the tracks and they people name it Train Line Street. My grandmother used to tell me stories of the long time days and with her memories it used to be so fascinating to listen to.

I'm disappointed with myself for not knowing enough of my history. I mean I could name like twenty nightclubs and fete houses but only one or two historically significant sites.. and I dont even party. lol.

I know alot of them because i was forced to know them lol . I love historical sites because i was always curious how it was back in the old days.

nice thread...images like these really put your brain to wonder huh???

imagine if we were still livibng in these times...goin to the malls with horses and stuff...life back then seemed so peaceful...wish things could get back like that now

:(

I don't mind living in those old time days, things were so peaceful no set of big criminal activity, See the difference long ago did not have much technology and it did not have much crime now the place is flourished with Technology and it have x1000 more crime than the old time days

^^^ppl do what they see...too much violence being displayed on the TV so thats what our youths are growning up to know...guns, lies and sex...

sad sad world we living in right now...we only getting worst

Yup long ago was much better. you could of walked the streets, lime late, shut down for gas and some folk wudda help you now nothing is like that anymore..if you shut down for gas they might rob you or rape ur wife or child....I hate this new world.

all physical evidence of d history is disappearing :( all we have now is pictures an those are bein lost an destroyed 2! =[ imagine what d future would b like, wen more curious folk decides 2 find wat our times looked like!

anyway, a lil princes town history! As history dictates, an wikipedia, princes town's original name was savana grande which changed wen queen victoria's sons visited d town, in 1880, they planted two poui trees near the anglican church, d trees still are still here 2day, it feels lik bein timewarped wen ur around it an u kno d history, thinkin about almost standin in d spot where 2 people of royalty once stood 130 yrs ago, an d trees itself who's endured 130 yrs, day after day, of brutal heat, winds, an rains.

cool link i found http://www.moe.gov.tt/cyberfair/web...ensCollege/CyberFairWebsite_files/Page323.htm

ptown.jpg

Princestownpoui.jpg

the is good info switchgurl....i checked out the site as well....Wonder where again have info like this in trini

Back