Toyota Vigo vs. Nissan Navara

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Mine is a TTTL my dad bought it from them but in those days they offered the 2.5,2.7 and 3.0 and the G in those days from them had the two tone interior. The woodgrain was bought separately though they never sold them with anything like that.

Honestly most trucks that perform better on road dont handle the off road as well. Its usually a compromise. Either way with the stance and power of the Navara you may just be content enough on the road :D

I think its all about preference because both are solid offerings and Ive seen the Navaras with the wood trim inside and it looks really good as well. I hope i can ride in one eventually everyone says its very fast and i always remember the day i saw an Isuzu going 150 on the highway and a Blue Navara came from way behind and just passed the Isuzu like nothing. I gained respect for the power that be that day LOL.

When we eventually have our lime ..i will let you drive Mines ;)

^^^^ LoL when he experience that acceleration first hand in a van its shocking lol.....but what do you all think about the low rider model of the hilux to me it defeats the purpose of why i would buy a van...can any of u explain to me??

^^^^ LoL when he experience that acceleration first hand in a van its shocking lol.....but what do you all think about the low rider model of the hilux to me it defeats the purpose of why i would buy a van...can any of u explain to me??
The 2wd? It's for people who need the storage and the utility of the pick up truck or even the ruggedness without the need for 4wd. It's just that we have tons of 4wds here which im quite sure most of us never use or know how to use.

Acceleration in a pick up i know. A boosted Mitsubishi with 165@the rear wheels is no joke LOL.

Well both these cars have their own specifications and efficiency.But i prefer most the Toyota Vigo.Its good than Navara because i testy both of these vehicle in my garage.

The vigo's interior is nice. I love the back seat too as the navara ones are in an upright position. Hope they fixed this in the 2015 model

Yeah i also checked the Vigo,s interior because of this its looks more luxurious than Navara.No doubt Navara is also very impressive but in some point Vigo is upper than Navara.

I think its nice but still i will go with the Navara, more speed and handling unlike the vigo ! The vigo fishtails to much!

I think its nice but still i will go with the Navara, more speed and handling unlike the vigo ! The vigo fishtails to much!

Ill gladly enjoy my off road clearance and height in that case :D

it is true though. It's easy to end up on the oncoming lane in wet road going up certain inclines. It takes a lot of skill to maneuver. Navaras have excellent on road performance but they're just too small for my uses at times.

Last edited:
NO OFFENSE PLEASE TO ANYONE WHO OWNS A VIGO -

In my stand point, the vigo just too big and bulky with all that unecessary things on it..It looks FAT! .. The navara is nice, sleek design and built to do the same job and max performance. I like that its lower than the vigo and can also be raised as well. The Navara is on point and very sporty looking and compact. It has that off-road look!
Our Navara Drivers don't need all that excess accessories and add-ons which makes no sense in our opinion.

Many choose Vigos due to the stylish component and luxury ride. It's big and spacious and backseat offers comfort.

nissan-navara-sports-version-4x4-5AT-08.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

I see what you mean. But honestly, I've seen Navaras loaded equally as much, if not even more. It comes down to what you need and like end of the day.

In the two pics above, the silver Vigo looks ugly. The front bar is too much so is the roof rack and bonnet protector.I also don't like the aftermarket side steps. From those two pics, I prefer the Navara as well. From those two pics you make your point well since the Navara retains a more simplistic and functional look.

I think this looks 1000x better than the Silver one:
HILUX_2012_VIGO_CHAMP.jpg

All the same, they're both trucks and they both do their jobs well. Its just Trinis like to treat them like tall cars with extremely low profile tyres and the biggest chrome wheel possible.

Last edited:
i hope the 2015 navara np300 is a bigger improvement than what was selling b4 as the interior left alot to be desired.....i only thing the navara had on the hilux was it price and how it performed for a 2.5 engine...the hilux in my opinion is over priced for giving bare minimum and what the hilux has on the navara is height and well most ppl under the notion its a toyota it will last long

Once you maintain your vehicles and do your servicing when its due all vehicles will last long.

People does say that about a number of cars..its up to the owner

Once you maintain your vehicles and do your servicing when its due all vehicles will last long.

People does say that about a number of cars..its up to the owner

Very true, the old Kias had a bad rep but it's how you maintain it. I mean some cars really do cost a lot to maintain so it's just a matter of variation in maintenance costs.

i hope the 2015 navara np300 is a bigger improvement than what was selling b4 as the interior left alot to be desired.....i only thing the navara had on the hilux was it price and how it performed for a 2.5 engine...the hilux in my opinion is over priced for giving bare minimum and what the hilux has on the navara is height and well most ppl under the notion its a toyota it will last long

Dude I didn't even know but there was a high power version of the 2.5 with 450nm of torque. That's insane for a 2.5!

Hilux is ridiculously over priced. No question about it. Even the ranger is cheaper. The dmax is excellent value too.

Well according to these updates Navara is also good in performance.I know it but over all if you see the Vigo is more powerful and good in performance.Well everyone has its own choice.

Back