Toyota Vigo vs. Nissan Navara

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Sky22

LV

The Inevitable, a topic that has been debated over and over... what do you guys think a Toyota Vigo or Nissan Navara..??

In my family, we have bought 4 Navaras so far.. Initially we started up with a Vigo but didn't like it so after six months we sold it and had Navaras ever since. I guess it is a personal preference but the Vigo just didn't cut it for us, HOWEVER , i think it is a great vehicle and very long lasting in parts but Navaras are the shit for some reason..Never gave us trouble, outstanding performance, alot of mods and personalization..

Its simple for me as we have both Navaras and Hilux's in my home. I stick to the Navara because:
1) Offroad capabilities are greater.
2) Lower than the Hilux so corners better without the dreadful screaching
3) Parts, mods and accessories are much easier and cheaper to obtain
4) Price means a big bang for your buck

It does fall short is some areas though:
1) A bit too small for extremely tall people as myself
2) NM servicing is terrible compared to the Hilux

for the Hilux:
1) Really comfortable
2) Spacious
3) Mods and accessories also easy to obtain

Yes the Vigos are really spacious, i just really used to the Navara after being in different ones through the years .. Also the exterior is sleek and nice and not "chunky" like the vigo..

I don't own any of the two but I have driven them...

Navara:
Cheaper
Feels like driving a car
Good for towing!
Performs off road

Hilux
Automatic 3.0 acceleration feels faster than that of the Navara
Can't turn corners too fast cause the back of the van fish-tails

Unfortunately the hilux falls short to me in one aspect which is its tipping point in handling. It's high centre of gravity makes it suck at simple handling and worse in sudden situations. Navara is lower and obviously handles better and shares that same base as the pathfinder which is a great handling SUV. If I had the resources I'd buy the pathfinder over the 2 vans

True. A pathfinder is a very solid vehicle and can take alot of pressure! Do they cost the same as a Navara or More?

Ones from Maska Motors comes fully loaded and tailored to your liking ..e.g rims, music, side and back sensors etc. They are for around 300k ..could be more or less

LadyDeath said:
Ones from Maska Motors comes fully loaded and tailored to your liking ..e.g rims, music, side and back sensors etc. They are for around 300k ..could be more or less

Yup.. sorry didn't state the specifics properly

People my 2.7 Gas Hilux is doing 95,000kms and all that was ever done over its life time was service an MAF and change the 4 wheel brakes apart from the usual oil and filter change. Even the Intake Filter doesn't get dirty that much.
Thats a huge advantage for me, the alignment has never even needed to be redone even after some long and rough trips to point and back.
In the days when Toyota actually sold the gas locally it wasn't nearly as ridiculous in price as it is today for a Diesel model.

I agree the Navara is lower but honestly I have to wonder if it has as much clearance and wheel travel.

The Hilux handles itself off road pretty well and can take load. Its not built for looks as Trinis like to buy a "Vigo" from Maska and put all the chrome they can find and treat it like a Rolls Royce. Its built tough.

I can't speak for the Navara other than the fact that it looks extremely fast since I've never even been inside the cabin of one.

i was speaking with a police officer the other day so i asked him why do they use navaras and not Vigos? He replied "Miss there is a reson why we prefer Navaras over Vigos, but i can't give out that info" LOL

They modify the chips pretty well

I imagine it also has better on road performance to cope with the extra power which is where they mainly use it anyway.

^^^^ plus acceleration is insanely fast for a van.......have a odd feeling to it......interior wise they could of done better, not sure which worse between the hilux or the navara but they are vans and not cars so they are to be expected.....hoping the latest model navara correct all these quirks and well...say a spy shot at what they claim is the latest model hilux (2016) and from what i say the basic model is like a corolla front with a tray hope they improve

^^^^ plus acceleration is insanely fast for a van.......have a odd feeling to it......interior wise they could of done better, not sure which worse between the hilux or the navara but they are vans and not cars so they are to be expected.....hoping the latest model navara correct all these quirks and well...say a spy shot at what they claim is the latest model hilux (2016) and from what i say the basic model is like a corolla front with a tray hope they improve
I have the two tone beige and brown interior with oem wood grain panels with Teana front seats. It looks and feels very much like a car than the all black interior i see TTTL now brings in the face lifted model. I hate the black interior it looks very cheap i find.

^^^one of the lucky guys i guess...plus u have the G edition which TTTL dont offer down here......so i think it will boil down to what a person likes......off road capability with the navara could not be as good as the toyota herd alot of ppl complain that the navara performs at its best on tarmac not sure how true it is as i have never driven the hilux

^^^one of the lucky guys i guess...plus u have the G edition which TTTL dont offer down here......so i think it will boil down to what a person likes......off road capability with the navara could not be as good as the toyota herd alot of ppl complain that the navara performs at its best on tarmac not sure how true it is as i have never driven the hilux
Mine is a TTTL my dad bought it from them but in those days they offered the 2.5,2.7 and 3.0 and the G in those days from them had the two tone interior. The woodgrain was bought separately though they never sold them with anything like that.

Honestly most trucks that perform better on road dont handle the off road as well. Its usually a compromise. Either way with the stance and power of the Navara you may just be content enough on the road :D

I think its all about preference because both are solid offerings and Ive seen the Navaras with the wood trim inside and it looks really good as well. I hope i can ride in one eventually everyone says its very fast and i always remember the day i saw an Isuzu going 150 on the highway and a Blue Navara came from way behind and just passed the Isuzu like nothing. I gained respect for the power that be that day LOL.

Back