Tow Meh!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Sky22

LV

LOL What is it with this new style with people pulling out their front and rear tow bars and painting them in colours.. I think its utter rubbish..why would you have your tow bars sticking out of your car knowingly?? ..what purpose does it serve??.. I can see the use of spoilers etc to enhance the look of your car...but a friggin tow bar??

hahahahah well that painted tow hook is a style that has been adapted from the drifters of japan its a very cool JDM look, thats very popular in Japan, it may not serve any significant purpose, but its a way to enhance the JDM look of your car..... also the JDM hooks are really meant for drifters as most of the sideways action goes wrong, and they need to be towed out.

honestly i find the look quite nice on some of the cars, it depends on what type of car that you're putting it on as well but most of them look pretty decent.
also the hooks are stronger than the factory hooks, so i guess you can say its an upgrade lol

but the hooks are not meant to add horse power or anything, its just a cool JDM style thats taking over lol :lol:

Well , the kind of cars i seeing it on eh ! Sunnys, Wingroads , Toyota Wish , Even Nissan MARCH! I Can understand if its sporty cars such as Skylines, Integras etc.
I guess everyone wants to be in the style but in my opinion in our Country today, its asking to be stolen.. more easy for thieves

aahahahahah thats veryyyyy true actually, those JDM hooks makes it easy for the car to be towed away by a thief very easily, but i guess for the style of it, sunny owners across t&t are willing to take the risk! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just for the people that might not know what we are talking about :lol:

Attachments

• evo10-013.jpg
    evo10-013.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 307
Oh yes i did not comment on this topic because i did not know what you guys were talking about lol now i know. Seriously is that not a a towing device, are they trying to encourage people to steal their vehicles. That looks so stupid to be a style.

Yes but the one on the Evo looking decent and plus can retract. In Trini is Loonnggg a$$ tow bars sticking out of people's cars...

some of the more questionable installs lol they really do look horrible!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 225
  • img00128xl.jpg
    img00128xl.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 288
Yes those are them self! It is indeed horrible! I don't mind the ones like the Evo or a short neat one..

hahahaha yes sky those are some of the JDM hooks available, they are a bit large and sticking out of the stock bumpers.... well they not very concealed so I know exactly what you mean!

Sky22 said:
Saw a civic today with it hooked up from underneath the bumper .. Tsk tsk
I have an idea.... do you have any old locks that you aren't using??

lock them on hooks you see not done properly.

run like hell after hahaha [emoji23]

So i saw one on a AD Wagon on the front bumper today protruding out ..i wonder what would take place if they scrape someone from behind with that ish*

:shock: Sadly to say my relatives have adopted this trend and it doesn't look good especially those long ones that are weirdly shaped and sticking out in the front of people's cars. I really also wonder if they does have trouble parking or in traffic sometimes

Yeah its too good according to the new generation fashion and designs of the car.So these bar looks very impressive with teh car design.I tested it on a Mazda.

hahahaha yes sky those are some of the JDM hooks available, they are a bit large and sticking out of the stock bumpers.... well they not very concealed so I know exactly what you mean!

Let's not forget they may not be properly installed so actually using them may result in a ripped hook.
I've seen off road vehicles fitted with ful steel bumpers which bolt into the ladder frame. Those hooks are actually stronger than factory recovery points and don't stick out any more than the bumper does in most cases. In that case it looks decent but to tell me you putting a long long hook through the plastic bumper that's just saying hey look at me.
It may bring unwanted attention but that's my 2 cents, everyone has their style.

Back