Todd's Road, Caparo crater?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Resha

LV

PERSONS carrying binoculars and cameras trekked about half-mile along the Old Train Line Road to Todd’s Station Road in Caparo to witness a “great phenomenon” which occurred adjacent to a sand quarry site, where the land sunk about 200 feet below the surface, creating a canyon-like formation.
It is believed the crater formed sometime between May 26 and May 27, but it only became public as word began to spread through the villages.
The centre of an emergency access road that links Todds Road to Palmiste and Longdenville crumbled and disappeared into “the canyon” which is the size of about two football fields. The road, mainly used by farmers, now ends abruptly on opposite ridges of the formation.

“I strongly believe that is because of the quarrying for sand that is taking place by two private contractors that is causing this. What I think worsened it, was the heavy rains experienced last week and the severe flooding which occurred at Caparo Valley Road, Todds Road, Palmiste and Ravine Sable. These villages were under as much as six feet of water,” Boondoo said.

If you see this thing like how i saw it in facebook pictures so huge and wide like a lake. I living kinda close to the area so i wanna see it this week and i will post some pics for you all to see. I think this can generate some tourism for the locals wah u think they???

I haven't seen any real photos of the incident that does actually shows the scenario. I can't see anythin special about the one above.. sorry. can someone send me some good photos that actually show something more. So that i can fully understand the gravity of it?

It was repoted by the ODPM that it is about 200 feet . But if u go to see it now, its jus full up with water. I think its not open for the public to view. Last time I heard that police were turning back people from going to see it. Its dangerous. The quarrying has stopped too.

The crater has officially stopped people from going close to it . This thing eating more and more dirt as more acres of land are caving in as rain falls. It is truly a sight to see

Wish i could see it or take some good pics of it so that i can actually see the scope of it.. till then, i can't really comment on it..

Yep people starting to see fishes in it :Blink: Imagine Fishes? There will be life just now frogs, then Kamens will arrive

Back