Teen girls, men held in $2.2m drug busts

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
n10.jpg
central raid: Officers from the Central Division Task Force with drugs and a gun which were found at a house in Chaguanas on Monday night. -Photo: DAVE PERSAD
Two teenage girls, aged 15 and 18, were arrested in a raid on a drug house at Melbourne Avenue, Balmoral Park, Chaguanas, on Monday night, where police found 49 kilogrammes of marijuana.

A 23-year-old man was also held and a warrant issued for the arrest of another man.

Police suspect that the marijuana, said to be worth an estimated $1.3 million, came from Venezuela and was being kept for shipment abroad.

The search was made at 6.30 p.m. and involved Senior Superintendent Rattan Singh, Inspector Peter Burke and Sgts Terrence Williams and Chris Hudlin.

The officers also found a .38 revolver and ten rounds of ammunition.

The three suspects will appear in court today, charged with drug trafficking and weapons offences.

The previous night, Central Division Task Force officers chased and stopped a car on the Uriah Butler Highway near the Divali Nagar site in Chaguanas, and arrested the driver.

In the back seat, he had two kilogrammes of cocaine worth an estimated $900,000. The silver Nissan Sentra was seized.

That night police, armed with a search warrant, also raided a house at Savannah Heights, off the Caroni Savannah Road, and found a room equipped to dissect, weigh and parcel drugs for retail.

And on Monday, Southern Division-based Guard and Emergency Branch and Crime Suppression Unit officers went into the forest off La Lune Village, Moruga, and destroyed several marijuana nurseries and plantations.

Police said the 20,000 trees had a value of about $150,000. The raid involved Inspector Bridgelal, and officers Gangar, Ramnarine, De Govia, Modeste and Singh.

A 15 year old and 18 year old wtf what else, why are people making our country so bad for bloody greed and money and involving the nation youths. When they are exposed to these criminal actives so young what would you think will have to them when they get bigger?

Admin how you so shock, alot of young people are involved in crime. I sure in any secondary school have a weed or hemp supplier. Not everybody in Trinidad is a goody two shoes lol, you'd be suprised what some kids do. How they end up with people like that who using them in the drug trade i never understand. With so much good people around they'd be with law breakers. Your right though it is greed, too much people want ting and not going through legal means to get it. It just not making sense. I guess they think is easy money or something.

i no for a fact that children in schools sell weed girl schools that is, and the funny thing is no one would suspect a girl especially a prestige one to have involment with such criminal activity but you no what they are the ones who are involed in it.

Hahaha people shud check in ASJA it hav alot of weed there and i mean plenty

Well karina if you know you should report it to the principal if you don't your encouraging the act. It like if their are alot of crime in you village you know the people who are doing the crime but you are not saying anything its like you like it and you are not helping the police do their work. you are just encouraging it

Back