T&T Beats Jamaica Crime Rate

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Trinidad takes the lead in murders Jamaica up 15%, T&T rises by 65%
For the same period last year, with 913 murders recorded in Jamaica, the homicide rate increased by 15 per cent based on figures on the Jamaican Constabulary Force's website www.jcf.gov.jm. Compare this with the almost Mt Everest climb in the murder rate in Trinidad and Tobago this year over 2007. *This country's homicide rate went up by 65 per cent compared with Jamaica's 15 per cent.* Between January 1 and August 18, murders were recorded at 340, 134 more than 2007. Murders here have now surpassed 400, with 500 a possibility at year's end if trends of more than a homicide a day continue, police say. At October 5 last year, 260 murders were recorded, at least 150 fewer than this year.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161384043

What do you guys think about this?

HOLY CRAP!!!! HAS IT REALLY BECOME THAT BAD??? Now i'm getting afraid, Jamica's population is higher than ours, but the seem to have less criminals or is it that we criminals getting away with more. :icon_sad:

You know The minister of security and some other members used to compare Trinidad & Tobago to Jamaica saying Trinidad is better off and stuff lest see what they will say now.
He's only talking but nothing is being does all the tec stuff use them in a manner for it to work na man. It have tracking devices use them, are are heading for 20/20 to be developed nation but say we reach their you know alot of us will be dead.

STOP impressing ther other countries and do your work here where you are assigned

I think the Ministry is more concern with his trip to Mexico which is coming up soon.....The Murder Rate is really sad now and always.... The only people who sees the real figure is the Public....Not the Government....

As i always say they are getting 24/7 protection you know can you or me afford that, PEOPLE have to stop this racial shit going on with the UNC AND THE PNM.

Come one people use your brains na they dont care about you. The PNM don't care And the UNC don't care stop devoting your lives for them Wtf wrong with people

SWEEDISH COUPLE MURDERED

Omg allure hear about the sweedish couple brutally murdered in Tobago how sad !

Yea dude you know their country will never want to come in trinidad wtf going on in trinidad boy

Well the government really showing there better half now... They decide to buy 100 vehciles for next year's conference .... I did not hear the cost but it goes to show how they put money to waste... Why don't they use the PTSC buses....Why buy unnecessary things.... Can they not put that money to better use????

Ever watched the show WALL-E well its a cartoon about hoe people use up the world until there was rubbish every where people bought unecessary things and made unecessary things until there was no way to expose of garbage i think we wud end up like that nex 20yrs

We like to chart murders using the days of the year too much... the only thing it does is make the lesser numbers more acceptable.. the country shouldn't feel comfortable with any murder rate. 100 a year was already unacceptable now it's closer to 500 somehow doing the comparison makes people feel better... instead of letting them know how bad it is.

Back