Swine Flu

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Resha

LV

Swine flu.... Its becoming a global epedemic in Mexico and I think Canada....

Its a virus that affects pigs then its spread to humans ..... So people who's visiting Trinidad from these areas are now required to do a medical.....Be on the alert people

Wtf it have bird flue and now swine flu this is real bad next thing you start hearing about dog flu and cat flu

I think dogs and cats can only give us allergies.... But I could be wrong..... This is the first time i hearing about the pig flu.... And its a serious issue....

So if say we were to consume it well be infected or is it airborne or something like that

They say its safe to eat pork and its related products.. It really is a flu it spreads just like the common cold. Thats why everycountry is on alert its contagious though sneezing and coughing and mucous or nasal discharge.. Completely airborne too.

It has reach as far as New Zealand and Australia....... It first started out in various pig farms in Mexico.... Hundreds have died and thousands have become infected......Tobago is more on the look out because of the tourist....

Dam! All these blasted illness.. First was the dreaded SARS virus, then Bird flu, then the mutated more deadly strain of the bird flu; no its the Swine flu! Oh shucks man!!! Nature cool it nah man! steups.

Nature find we playin up too much so it retaliating. The bird flu wasn too bad is jumped species though so now humans can get infected from the deadly h5n1 strain. This swine flu is already spreading via humans.. thats why everyone is lockin down it will spread too easily.. and it deadly too.. scary.

Yep its a rapidly increasing pandemic because its airborne that's just scary!!! but im goin 2 tnt saturday so imma hav 2 get a check up/physical 2?i hope not cuZ i aint comin frm mexico lol but alot of springbreakers who went 2 cancun n cabo n stuff dey gotta b real careful 2!

I heard from someone that they heard in the media that 140 something died in Mexico, this this is spreadin fast people omg

I dont know but i believe to will spread through the world fast if measures are not taken to stop it.

On a side note.
This really annoys me! the government of trinidad is quick to react to the swine flu which is kinda good in a way but last year when people was dieing from dengue they ent do nothing. The government does really have to follow the americans boy. Some trinis stupid.

I done

Yup just saying if their is an out break in Trinidad or Tobago the Government will deny it just like what they did with the dengue cases, And people will fall into this trap that the country is free from this virus

As far as the Ministry of Health is concern with this flu, they have totally nothing in place for this flu....Should in case someone becomes infected, they mit died before the government do something....

I dont think they that stupid. Once the flu hits us it will spread out of control. They have to be ridiculously mad to not be concerned. This is nothing like the dengue.. their really is no sure way to contain this virus.

Thousands of people die from the normal flu every year and thats in america. The real concern they're showing for swine flu is that it has never travelled this way before. People are beginning to think of it like any other flu.. cuz so far swine flu hasn't caused the number of deaths as the seasonal flu yet..
Crime is down in mexico! Yes no kiddin. Came over bbc.. apparently their national lockdown and self quarantine has other benefits..
The say swine flu isn't as hardy as they first thought. The countries with better healthcare would have less death.. and no deaths if they treat early.
When is it going to reach here? Is anyone afraid? I have a stuffy nose and a slight fever... i'm not afraid. lol. Actually i lied about the fever.. lol.

No reports of swine flu in T&T yet....But the Health Ministry sending flyers informing the public about this flu....

QUARANTINE TIME!!! Sound the alarm.. Trinidad and Tobago has its first suspected case of swine flu!! Its a woman i heard it on the radio. She's very much alive and stable but one of the tests she did came back positive for the swine flu virus. There is a third set of tests to be completed so we're not sure yet. OK YOU CAN PANIC NOW!!

OMg i also heard this too but i did not really listen to it, did they say how she got it like she she did some traveling, hope that, that is the first and the last

Yes the lady was travelling to alot of the countries that have the swine flu... Now she bring it back to us all.... The media didnot give a name nor address , nothing about the person... So people keep washing yuh hands and be on the alert

Back