SUMMIT WASTE OF TIME OR NOT?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
I dunno. Seriously. We only gain if whatever they discuss gets us preferencial deals. It would suck if they discuss among themselves and leave out trinidad lol. Highly Unlikely. Since we hosting we'd have a lil sway let us hope its is used wisely. Other than that it will just boost the economy for like three days or something. lol. They say Obama is coming with a thousand people.. word. If thats true i hope they spend alot of money on us. But maybe only the high class and tourism industry would gain. The doubles men and pirates go scrunt lol.

wel it can have both a positive and negative effect on Trinidad. We negative effect would be i over spending 4 unnecessary materials and buildings for jus the summit......n we cant afford to b spending so much money during dis period......and some positive is the world would b focusing on us...meanin more Tourist attraction and idea 2 help our nation. Also a better communication between countries.

No i don't think the summit will benefit us the crime situation already is damping the tourism sector, but as i said before every country is fending for them selves, the G20 summit in London cost 1/5 of the money the prime minister is spending to impress the guest. If you all have not recalled if it was not for the summit he would have never bought more ambulances for the health sector and clean up the zoo and other places all these things you all have to look at why should he wait until the summit to do these things its just to impress, and no good will come from it

I am half agreeing with Devil Child it will both have positive and negative impact on trinidad but i am more studying about what happens after the summit than the thing itself

i agree with devil child somewhat but the money and so called fame we will get is just a drop in the bucket compared to the money we spending on this event. As the admin say we only get some new ambulance and some other stuff.

Ariyah
That is good point what will happen after the Summit. We have the Caribbean Games where we are going to spend a whole set of money again. They going to fix up the STADIUM and awhole set of other stuff.

Another thing do you think MR. MANNING will accomplish anything substantial from the summit? Or is Barack Obama going to take over and push his agenda and leave MR. MANNING in the dark. Maybe CHAVEZ will create some serious talking points. In my view it will have a great divide between the suck ups to America and the Latin America fall out countries.

Another thing since the summit come around crime is getting a relative backseat in news compare to normal which is strange. I wish trinis had the belly to go out and protest, but then we will surely be victimised by the police cause that is all they know to do.

Happy Easter

Work Tomorrow

One thing everyone is fooling them selves about is alot of people thinking that Obama come to save us, from the crime and the bad governance of this country i just have one thing to say to the people who believe this you all are in dream land. Obama don't care about us he's not coming to save us from nothing he coming to join in conference to discuss world wide issues.

When it all boils down and monday hits it back to square one , The fright of living in T&T, criminals are not going o take a break and sit down and enjoy the summit this is the time they will do mots of their crime. Right now yes we are hosting the biggest event in the western hemisphere but when monday comes all this fantasy that we are in right now will cast away, reality will come back to our minds. High food cost, crime, lack of jobs, lack of good health care, bad governance etc.

If only all the security could stay. :) Or we'd get some help with the trafficking issues especially from venezuela and the US. The crackin down on the mexico border but we're a transshipment point so allot of crap passing straight through here.

The 5th Summit of the Americas was a total waste of time and money. Manning only wanted the fame and glory.It may benefit the likes of some businessman but the benefits will not trickle down the the poor man. Now that the Summit is over the Manning administration is going to cut cost in all sectors of the economy , especially the public service, to recover the monies spent.Cost of living is going to increase, crime will rise, the poor will stave....now tell me do you think the summit was a success.

Back