Stress Relief and Pick-Me-Ups

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Loves these tips ..Thank you all...i will practice them for the new year. Sometimes i feel like it's hard to smile genuinely when i'm anxious..Can't remember the last time i whole heartedly laughed

I can relate to that feeling well. I've found meditation was a big help in the past but time is a rare commodity these days for me. Hope these tips really do help though!

More:

45e6549e5c4c02b942ffaba8d65cc83c.jpg

breathing_in_and_out.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-08-21-at-12.37.53-AM.png

Relaxing self-massage:
health-tips-easy-relaxing-method.jpg

The two simplest yoga poses for stress relief and relaxation:

1. Child's pose
childs-pose-edited.jpg

2. Corpse Pose
Yoga_CorpsePose_300x350.jpg

Sometimes a change of environment/scenery eg "a breath of fresh air" can work wonders. If leaving a stressful situation for a calming or at least neutral one fails to get those feel-good hormones pumping, then at least the act of "stretching your legs" will help by stretching out your muscles and boosting your circulation and respiratory systems as you're on your way from one place to another. If you can't physically get up and leave your stressful environment, sometimes calming images and sounds can help.

[video=youtube;f77SKdyn-1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f77SKdyn-1Y[/video]

According to a study done by the British Academy of Sound Therapy, these are the ten most effective relaxing songs:

1. Marconi Union – Weightless

2. Airstream – Electra

3. DJ Shah – Mellomaniac (Chill Out Mix)

4. Enya – Watermark

5. Coldplay – Strawberry Swing

6. Barcelona – Please Don’t Go

7. All Saints – Pure Shores

8. Adele – Someone Like You

9. Mozart – Canzonetta Sull’aria

10. Cafe Del Mar – We Can Fly

Those yoga tips are the bomb..i practice them 3 times a week. they help alot in relieving pains as well as meditation

Yep I definitely agree with you there! Any time I have any kind of ache I make time for it. It's especially a big help with tension headaches, sore muscles, back/neck/shoulder stress pain, and a gentle boost when feeling lethargic. There are different types of yoga available for different levels of understanding and comfort. The benefits are so great it can be addictive! I really should get back into doing it daily *feels lazy* New year's resolution! lol

Back