sportage

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

tss

LV

Hi all,
As I said in my introduction I am considering buying a vehicle. Tbh i do not like driving but travelling is getting to be less.... tolerable.
I have my eye, heart and mind set on the kia sportage. I've loved them since the first release actually. However, there is quite a bit of advice against kia which really hasn't swayed me much but I still believe in finding out all I can about something before purchasing.
Majorority of nays are resale value and parts availability, both are things i think could resolve itself within the next few years due to the increase of the vehicles currently being purchased. The make of thenvehicles before were not appealing to the market.
Does anyone own the sportage? What is the experience like? The support and general longevity. As well, anything i should be made aware of or look out for.

Thanks!

OK so I don't own one but the company I work at has a few on fleet. They are strong reliable vehicles built on the same platform as the Tucson. Parts are readily available from the firm ( can't say for anywhere else as the firm services). They perform better than the Tucson and whether gas or diesel they have good fuel economy even under hard driving. Not a bad choice for a vehicle at all

PROS About Buying The Sportage First Hand . Coming from a family of die hard Kia vehicles..They are underrated! All these nonsense about resale value and parts etc. is when people never owned one before!

1. They can handle 'rough up' - They are built very sturdy and strong and has a smooth ride.
2. Fuel Management - Very good on managing fuel
3. Parts - Parts are relatively cheap and most auto places are now carrying parts for Kia. You can also order down parts like us
from Amazon or Ebay.
4. Resale Value- According to the newspapers Kia resale value has been on the incline and will increase years to come.
5. Ever since one of Audi's designer left and started working with Kia, their vehicle design and technology has been out of this world. The cars are very well made and i absolutely love them. You get what you pay for !

:amen: lol thank you.
i told my mum exactly that re people that never owned one. Everyone who has thus far seems very satisfied.

They are! Most people i know with the exception of my family that owns Kia vehicles said they are happy and love their vehicles. Call and set up an appointment to take a test drive

I can speak for the 2011+ model since there is one in my family. It's an excellent vehicle very purpose designed and functionally built.
For a vehicle shorter in length than a Corolla it far surpasses the corolla in terms of spaciousness and leg room. Storage isn't even a question there.

Ride quality mAy not be As good as the Rav4 but it's not bad either.
Kia has had a negative reputation locally but that has since been overturned with the current lineup.

Interior wise it's mainly hard plastic without color but it stands up to the typical Trinidad elements and heat with no signs of deterioration anytime soon.

The cost of parts is the biggest problem but isn't a deterrent since economical fuel consumption and otherwise low maintenance compensate for any cost of parts.

Engine wise the 2.0 offers excellent performance with a top speed of around 170-180kmh and the sound really amuses me at idle as it emits a very low frequency in the distance . It's not noisy by any means but isn't the quietest. It also features a 6spd tiptronic fwd transmission without paddle shifters.

All in all I'm unsure what year you're considering but I hope my input is somewhat useful in your consideration .

:amen: lol thank you.
i told my mum exactly that re people that never owned one. Everyone who has thus far seems very satisfied.

It's the people who never had one that tend to downrate them. I think once you've seen it up close in person all your questions will be answered and it's just a matter of personal preference at this point since resale seems to be great.

Just so you know the sportage and Tucson are based on the same platform . They are basically twins with different appearances.

Thanks nirtime. I'm looking at their current lineup. I like the tuscon but the sportage is cheaper by 40k or so i think? And the financing offered is reachable for me. Plus like i say it calling me like real hard lol. I looking to set up a test drive soon *excited*

Thanks nirtime. I'm looking at their current lineup. I like the tuscon but the sportage is cheaper by 40k or so i think? And the financing offered is reachable for me. Plus like i say it calling me like real hard lol. I looking to set up a test drive soon *excited*

I know the sportage is cheaper but I'm currently unsure of the amount.

I think you'll really like the feel behind the wheel too. I know I love it a lot , it's what you'd expect inputs to be like.

May I ask what color is your fav for the sportage ? :D

I was now going to ask the same thing. What colour are you hoping to get?

My neighbor "john" also buy a Sportage now a days and he take the car many times to my workshop for the extra tuning and care and its really a very lovely car by its performance.

My neighbor "john" also buy a Sportage now a days and he take the car many times to my workshop for the extra tuning and care and its really a very lovely car by its performance.

I also take care of one. Its a really nice crossover with lots of features and wide availability of accessories.

I particulary love the sound when it idles. It emits a very low frequency.

Yeah the wide accessories with this cars is the most wonderful advantages of these cars.I like its shape also. I drove it many times so i,m just getting love with it.

Back