South Development In Trinidad & Tobago

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Lol well I'll take your word for it but I'm pretty certain the back of a Prado is a harsh ride as it is designed for off road/some weight bearing.

Yes it is a major difference in a vehicle designed for the terrain but that doesn't go unsaid, you still have to slow it down at every rough spot as they're all usually quite terrible. So maybe its not as bad as not having A/C but it is bad enough to warrant some concern I'd hope.

I rode in a fully serviced Prado some years ago over roads that I've experienced traveling through in regular taxis. The difference was quite noticeable for me lol

When you see Parliament meetings being held in South instead of North the particular roads used to get to the location may get fixed rather quickly, election or no election. From what I've seen living in this end of the country, roads usually aren't fixed unless it's elections. Otherwise most people are like "look the road fix! Is elections already?" and walk around perplexed if it isn't lol

That reminds me of my area. The road was actually paved when tension was stiff between ILP and UNC for my area. UNC paved the whole residential area where I lived but left the main road unpaved when ILP won the area hahaha.

I think its like that country wide where its only done if its important or has some political benefit for the party in power. Unfortunately thats what we have come to.

Maybe another reason behind it is so the officials have a smoother ride when going to and fro meeting people LOL I see them looking for people to shake hands with and drop names before elections, not so much after!

Maybe another reason behind it is so the officials have a smoother ride when going to and fro meeting people LOL I see them looking for people to shake hands with and drop names before elections, not so much after!

All of them do it. They just want to be in power and not much else. I'm willing to bet all this south development in whichever areas it is concentrated will cease or change after elections. Chaguanas voted for Jack Warner and he only developed some areas and neglected the rest at large, the same thing will probably happen down south.

I guess we have to keep track of all the changes we should have and bring them all to the attention of the relevant officials come elections and just let the complaints pile up until the next elections lol I'm hearing people saying this is the time to get a job or a house etc if you want one an to wail until the next round of elections if you're sticking now.

That may have some truth in it. Usually its around election time when citizens benefit. As usual, its who you know and if you know people in places then you can possess.

Ah quite true. I remember being told in school "it's not what you know, it's who you know". So far it seems to be true.

Ah quite true. I remember being told in school "it's not what you know, it's who you know". So far it seems to be true.

Out here, to survive you have to know people or you will struggle for as long as you don't know anyone. As someone said to me, opportunity.

Sad but true. More and more people are telling me that.

They need to fix the road where Jenny's Wok, Southern Sales, Original BBQ Boys are on. Forgot the name though.

But when i asked someone told me it's in the works so hopefully soon :D

I hear everything is in the works lol

jiktpy.jpg

lol just imagine how much the pothole truck charged to arrive on scene, and as this is Trinidad, if that happened here I would then expect the same truck company to charge money to remove themselves from the pothole lol

lol just imagine how much the pothole truck charged to arrive on scene, and as this is Trinidad, if that happened here I would then expect the same truck company to charge money to remove themselves from the pothole lol

hahahahah of course! Do you remember the incident where they charged 10 million to pull a fire truck that ran off the road?

Whaaaat? When was that? I don't understand how this country can spend that kind of money on foolishness like that and so many people are homeless and going hungry.

Back