Servicing Door Lock actuator

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

grimreaper009

LV

Has anyone ever done this i have a problem with the auto lock does not open fully on the passenger do or close fully..i will have to either put my key in the passenger door to lock it in a one...if i using the driver side door to lock it i does have to turn the key twice...any advice on what i should use to service that??

Yes Grim, I have changed the motor in the actuator already. If its a weak motor, just take the actuator out of the door, carefully open the housing and take a look at whats written on the actual motor. Get on ebay, order a new motor and a gear puller and change the motor.

Otherwise, check for frayed/stretched cables, check to see if the actuator is receiving adequate power.

Yea I was thinking that...feel that will have to be a Sunday affair or a day i have time on my hands lol

Lol that works, you can also do what I once did and buy a universal actuator for about $75 and using one of the circular crimp type eyelets we use in audio installation, you can epoxy it to the end of the rod and attach the eyelet to a flat spot on the cable just behind the plastic lock above the handle. I drilled two holes and used two very short screws to attach it to the door in line with the cable so that the rod would be straight and I took time to adjust the positioning so it would work flawlessly.

I once did that in a car and it worked just like the original thing. Nobody ever knew there was an old style universal actuator back there lol.

Irony of that story, it was the solution to a failed attempt of trying to change a motor with burned contacts. I didn't buy the gear puller and the gear never came off the shaft on the old motor and so the worm gear never was able to attach to the motor.

Nice that you can help out Nirtime.

Lol i actually have something similar when i press my alarm all 3 passenger doors doesn't open. I have to press the unlock button on the console and sometimes even that doesn't work for some; 2 doors might open and 1 might not. I does have to put force on the door by pushing it and then it opens . LOL turns out it was the door rubbers

Good one LadyDeath, Grimreaper009 also check to see if your rubbers have hardened. As Ladydeath has said, it can cause a similar problem.

Actually mine is reverse..My door rubbers are new and are the suade kinds so they tend to stick if they get wet lol.

Also sometimes if the normal door rubber hardens it can cause a similar problem

lol so attempted to deal with the door actuator this evening and had to stop as it had on power source to come out and it was not moving for any reason lol will attempt another time when i set up my mind that i want the trouble again lmao (Mitsubishi never makes things easy yes :/)

yea the power source for the lock needed to come off put the space so tight that you cant tell watch clips holding it to the actuator and i just got tired and put everything back together lol...will attempt another day

yea the power source for the lock needed to come off put the space so tight that you cant tell watch clips holding it to the actuator and i just got tired and put everything back together lol...will attempt another day

You can probably look it up online. If you can get a picture it will be helpful for me as well.

Yeah i am sure its the thing that has to do with the rubbers because knowing it is certainly helpful. For me knowing the factors which are supportive much can be taken care of.

Back