Rumshop, Pub or Bar?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
There is a difference, and a significant one at that, between the rumshop, a bar and a pub. In the old days, I am told, rumshops had no chairs. Chairs were for snackettes. The bar likewise, had some kind of seating accommodation. The pub is air conditioned.

I always wondered why my uncles had different names for them like i think The Rumshop had places to sit like stools or chairs and tables bcuz they always had a Rec Club where they organized and play cards and cricket etc..It was mostly accomodated by people of the community or village

A snackette is however this kinda place where strangers, passers by and members of village etc came to lime or pass in to buy drinks..And i don't think it had chairs or stools

A Bar is a relaxing place that many come to sit and drink with friends or play pool...

A Pub is somewhere everyone comes to either play pool, dance , drink by the bar or enjoy their time with friends

ah yes and dey all share god's gift to mandkind.........rum.....lol....(singing)" rum is meh lover and ah doh care"........

lol i dont drink rummmmmmmm but id still go 2 chill :)

a rum shop an bar is the same thing ....

a pub is a bit of a step up

i love "haw an spit " bars ... the old type bars with big doors or maybe even the western type swing doors ... no a/c no soft chairs no clean toilets , nothing just a bar ...

an usually its the people you liming with makes the lime .. no the place ... imho

Not really death, a rum shop and a bar has differences, to me a rum shop is smaller and a bar is bigger and more seating allowances

hmm i would really like to go to a club to relax these days jus me and ryo chillin and dancing..hehehe :wub:

Back