Replacement Long Life Coolant

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Most new Japanese/Korean cars come fitted with factory long life coolant. These coolants are not the same as the regular old green ethylene glycol. These coolants are often Hybrid coolants known as Phosphate Organic Acid Technology. They have a life span of up to 5 years or 160,000 to 240,000kms. I've been looking at getting some more long life coolant for my Toyota. From prior experiences I remember searching up the Zerex Asian Formula Coolant. It turns out that this coolant is made by the same company that manufacturers the original Toyota Super Long Life coolant.

The original manual for my Toyota says "ethylene glycol based coolant with no silicates, borate or amine."

I called around and was quoted $195 to $215 for 1 gallon of OEM Toyota Super Long Life. It costed me $191.50 total for 2 gallons of the Zerex which works just like the original. It states on the container that it also works with Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota and some other Japanese brands. It also came premixed 50/50 in the container which eliminated the guess work and additional purchase of DeIonized water which I would not have mind purchasing if a concentrate solution was available.

ZEREX-ASIAN-FORMULA.ashx

Good news: the Zerex Asian formula is pink and is an almost exact match for the Toyota Super Long Life. So far I'm pleased. Time will tell how long it lasts.

I have heard of this oil as a product which gives a longer outcome which is interesting because it doesn't really happen this way and knowing the way such things can be kept reasonably is always that we think of getting.

Back