Rape In Trinidad and Tobago 2012

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

This year there is a high prevalence of rape in our country so much that every week there are about 5 reported rape cases in the news papers.. This year we have seen :

More minors raped
boy children raped
Babies raped
Rapists under 18yrs old
Rapists over 50yrs old

Here are some statistics :

- a 19-year-old woman of New Grant reported to police that on Sunday she was raped by a 43-year-old relative.

- a 14-year-old secondary school pupil told police she was raped last Monday by a 16-year-old relative at her Ste Madeleine home.

-Police said a 15-year-old pupil of Tableland told police she was raped by a friend of the family.the teenager told police she was at her home when the suspect, a 24-year-old man raped her .

-Police have launched a manhunt for a 40-year-old man who reportedly raped an eight-year-old girl at her home within the Northern Division over the weekend.

-Northern Division police also arrested a man in his 20s who was wanted on charges of raping a nine-year-old girl.

A 47 year old man is to appear before a San Fernando Magistrate to answer sexual assault charges.
According to information from the TTPS, the man was charged with two counts of grievous sexual assault, one court of indecent assault and one count of serious indecency allegedly committed against his 10 year old neighbour.
Police said the child was entrusted in his care on various occasions between February to April 2012.

this is so sick. that's why i gave up reading the papers because of the horrifying things it have in my country today. little children so defenseless getting raped and by other children they getting raped by eh . oh gosh parents raise your children right

Two men raped a Princes Town woman after abducting her in broad daylight on Tuesday police reported yesterday...Investigators said the teenager reported the matter at the Princes Town Police Station 4 hrs after being abducted raped and released.
The victim told police around 1 pm on Tuesday she was standing in front of a bank in Princes Town when a heavily tinted black car pulled up...the back door opened and a man dragged her inside...she said the assailant made her lie between the seats while the driver sped past the busy stores on High Street...She was taken to an abandoned house on Lothians Road, Princes Town where she was criminally assaulted....Police took her to a District Medical Officer, who confirmed she had been sexually assaulted. There were no arrests up to late yesterday

Saturday morning a 22-year-old geriatric nurse was dragged in an abandoned building an gang-raped by 5 men after her 31-year-old boyfriend was beaten unconscious by the suspects....the couple was attacked by the gang of criminals at Pointe-a-Pierre Road, San Fernando....after the attack they sought medical attention at the San Fernando General Hospital and were warded...San Fernando police are investigating the case!!!

oh my wordd geez why everytime i read the papers is only rape cases i seein. is boys , girls , elders , pregnant and disabled people , no respect for anyone now. i really hate my country's society yes

LA BREA police are searching for two men who allegedly abducted and raped two women in Guapo on Monday evening.
The women, aged 23 and 27, said they were sitting in a parked car at Station Beach around 6 p.m., when two men approached.
The women said the suspects, armed with a gun and cutlass, broke into the car.
The women say were taken to Guapo where they were raped.
Ag Cpl Banga, of the La Brea Police Station, is investigating.

i hope that no further harm was done to them...women have to be cautious of the axis they take nowadays don't matter old men and women drivers are in that as well !

A 66-YEAR-OLD pensioner and a 25-year-old security guard are expected to appear before a Chaguanas magistrate today charged with the rape of an 11-year-old schoolgirl.
The pensioner of Flanigan Town was charged yesterday with two counts of rape, while the security guard was charged with three counts of rape. The assaults are said to have taken place between October last year and January this year.
The girl who was successful in securing the school of her choice in the SEA examinations, broke down and cried on Thursday last after collecting her SEA results. She informed relatives that while studying for her SEA exams, she was attacked and raped a total of five times by the two men on different dates within a four-month period. The girl claimed that in October last year she was first raped by the 66-year-old man, who then raped her a second time in November. She also revealed that earlier this year the security guard raped her on three occasions, and she was threatened by both men who said they would kill her if she divulged information.
However, when she got the courage to reveal the dark secret to her parents on Thursday last, a report was made to the Chaguanas police and a party of officers led by Supt Johnny Abraham and Insp Wayne Lawrence detained the two suspects. The girl and her family are expected to undergo counselling from the Police Witness and Victim Support Unit soon.
spacer

What the hell, 66 year old pensioner its like if you can trust anyone in this day and age, But even more so the 66 year old pensioner sounding like a family relative because in this statement "while studying for her SEA exams" it has to be home or around the area. It sounding more like her grandfather or something.

yes because i think an uncle can't be that old i believe its her grandfather but who am i to know ? all i know is that if i was the parent i would of kill them srsly ..what kinda stinkness going on in this world day jed !

Friday night at a popular night club in San Fernando a 19 yrs old woman was gang-raped by a group of men...she resides at Thomas Street, San Fernando an had left the Southern Edge Night Club at La Romain, in the company of three men buh She had only known the men by seeing them around...dey took her to a house at Ria Ramnarine Drive Tarouba where the men held her down and took turns having sexual intercourse with her against her will den dropped her off a short distance away..she proceeded to the Marabella Police Station where she filed a report!!!

yes Blackie a follow up to ur story....Thomas Sylvester, 66, and Elton Rampersad, 33, were taken to prison after being advised of their right to apply to a judge for bail....It is alleged that on dates unknown in February and March 2012 and on a date unknown during 2009, he had sexual intercourse with a female under the age of 14 in central Trinidad.
He was also charged with indecently assaulting the girl in 2009 and February 2012.
Rampersad was charged with having unlawful sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 14

this makes me sick reading this ! so many rape cases are being unraveled here ! so many innocent girls ! what our country coming too boy !

Thomas Sylvester 66 who alleged rape or molested d school child has ah daughter who is now 14 yrs an she lives wit her mother in Brasso Riverside Rd....how would e feel if someone did dat to dis daughter Carleen Chunilal.....he is out on bail an walkin d streets as usual!!!

DETECTIVES at the Chaguanas Police Station yesterday arrested a 20-year-old man for raping and attempting to rape a female relative two months ago. The suspect, a sales clerk, of Caroni Savannah Road in Chaguanas....A police report stated the victim, who is 14 years old, began showing symptoms of depression since June and recently broke down in tears and informed her mother about the incidents. The mother then took the girl to the police station where they reported it....The incidents are alleged to have occurred on different days in June at a house in Chaguanas....The suspect was expected to be charged late yesterday. Once charged, he would appear in the Chaguanas Magistrates’ Court to answer the charges......

Curtis Herbert Alexander 31 yrs was sentenced to 20 years in prison with hard labour for raping a woman seven years ago.... a gun was used in the commission of the offence and that violence was also used against the woman...who was then 19 yrs old when the incident occurred at around 4.30 a.m. on August 20, 2005..... Alexander followed the woman to a bar where he forced her into the female toilet and raped her....

A 17-YEAR-OLD Penal schoolgirl reported to police that she was kidnapped and gang-raped on Monday and later abandoned at Gasparillo....she was standing at Debe Junction, Debe, when she was approached from behind by a man who placed an object to her waist....the man ordered her into a blue pick-up which was parked at Wellington Road, Debe, with two other masked occupants seated in the vehicle....she said her assailants placed a bag over her head and took her to an unknown location where they had sexual intercourse with her without her consent...she escaped from the men and was later found near A&S Hardware at Gasparillo!!!

Rienzi Victor Jerry, 54 yrs of Williamsville was charged by constable Mona-Lisa Hall for had sexual intercourse with a 16 yrs-old girl...he was placed on $30,000 bail but warned that he was forbidden from visiting the home of the victim or having any contact with her!!!

Back