Panday kidnap plot

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

RauCous

LV

From de express http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl ... =161456988
Acting Commissioner of Police James Philbert is investigating an alleged plot to kidnap one of the daughters of Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday.

Sources told the Express last night that Philbert met with Panday yesterday at the Opposition Leader's office in Port of Spain on the allegation.

According to a source, a fisherman overheard a conversation about a plot to kidnap one of the Panday girls early yesterday and contacted the police.

Panday has four daughters -Niala, Mickela, Nicola and Vastala.

His eldest daughter, Niala, was from his first marriage and she currently lives in Scotland. She recently gave birth to a baby girl, Panday's first grandchild.

Mickela is the Member of Parliament for Oropouche West.

Panday, his wife, Oma, and three daughters live in Palmiste, San Fernando.

Sources say the fisherman was at Las Cuevas beach early yesterday morning, when he saw two vehicles.

The fisherman found it curious that the two cars were parked so early in the morning at the beach and decided to casually walk past to see what was happening.

The fisherman told police he saw two men in discussions and one handed the other a big brown envelope.

Sources say the fisherman told police he overheard one of the men say "kidnap one of Panday's daughters". The fisherman, upon hearing this, contacted the authorities.

Sources say a statement was taken from the fisherman yesterday in the presence of the acting Commissioner of Police.

The Express also learned that members of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad visited Panday's Palmiste residence yesterday, where they met and talked with Oma and Panday's daughters.

Panday seemed in shock when contacted last night when asked whether the report was true. After a long pause, he said, "What the hell," and then paused again and before adding, "I can't talk about this, no comment."

Several Opposition MPs were also in the dark last night over the alleged plot.

Contacted again later last night, Panday confirmed the allegations.

Questioned if there was an attempt to kidnap Mickela, he said, "Let's not talk about that."

Pressed further as to if it was true, he responded, "Yes, it is true." Asked again if it was Mickela, he said, "No, no, it's one of my daughters."

Sources said that none of Panday's daughters was identified in the particular report and the fisherman said in his statement that no names were called.

Panday, as the Opposition Leader, has a personal driver and security assigned to him.

Mickela also has a driver but no security detail.

Sources say an arrangement would be put in place to provide police security for all of Panday's daughters.

The Express tried to contact Philbert last night but he did not answer his cellphone.

-with reporting

by Louis B Homer

Kidnappers aiming big time!!!! But i though he only have one daughter in Trinidad and the rest away... oh well, its better to know than not to know so they will know what there next move will be...

Why not if they could target poor helpless people why not members of parliament, They should try to kid nap some of the government children for they to see how it feels. They have to get a taste of reality to wake them up

i think i kidnappers should target all the minister or the whole of government

Aiight these are my questions: Plz answer them cuz i seem confused

Is the fishermen a macko man ?
How close was the fisherman to them?
If anyone of this happened to anyone outside of parliament would anyone care to care how they doing now??

I starting to wonder if this was jus a plot to shift the media atttention from what going on in d UNC and focus on this story!!!!!! Panday and his people (members) are embarssing themselves!!!!!

Back